text messages for some users

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

text messages for some users

Postby don_trucho » 5:01pm, Wed 07 Mar, 2007

Hi everyone

Some mailserver of my users do not allow HTML messages.

so, can I do somethig to check if the mailserver can recive html or not?

if that is true...
can I configurate phplist to send text messages and html messages depending of mailservers permissions?

Thnks

PS.
phplist - version 2.10.4
Redhat Linux Fedora 3
don_trucho
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 6:41pm, Wed 07 Mar, 2007

Usually the user would select to receive plain-text or HTML messages when subscribing, that is, if you offer that choice.

However, if you imported all users and marked all to receive HTML, you would have a problem, which might be fixed by selecting to send the message as "Text and HTML" [send a message >> Format tab]

On the configuration page, you should also find this setting, which could be useful if you know which providers only accept text messages:
Domains that only accept text emails
Some domains only accept text based messages. You can specify these domains in this text box by entering one domain per line.

# edit Domains that only accept text emails, one per line
mail.com
email.com

Source: http://docs.phplist.com/ConfigurePhplistInfo
H2B2

Postby don_trucho » 8:27pm, Wed 07 Mar, 2007

Thnks for your help.

but I have a problem here.

I'd create a HTML template to send.

now, I want to do another tempate for text messages.

I want to know if PHPLIST can send messages in HTML or Text depending on mailserver.

like doing an

IF ... THEN ...

thnks
don_trucho
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 2:41am, Thu 08 Mar, 2007

If you select "Text and HTML" on the "Format tab", phplist will send a multi-part html/text message. This is one single message that contains both the HTML part and the text part. This in turn means that all users that can receive HTML messages will get the HTML message part, and that all users that only can receive text messages will receive the text message part.
H2B2

Return to Question & Problems - after installing