importing error with multiple select boxes

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

importing error with multiple select boxes

Postby adeptt1 » 6:05pm, Wed 14 Mar, 2007

I'll try to explain as clear as i can.

I have a list that includes one section that has multiple select boxes. The file in excel looks like this when exported from PHPlist

Select an Experience Category
Alpine; Culinary

As you can see there is 2 options in this category. There could be many more but i only selected the 2 when i signed up.

When i try to import the excel file back into phplist i get this error on this section

"Database error 1064 while doing query You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Culinary) and phplist_user_user_attribute.attributeid = 26' at line 4"

So it looks like the import does not know how to handle the ; after the first selection option. I have tried to change the ; to tabs and , etc... nothing works. Same errors.

The rest of the data and there is a lot all come in fine. But none of them have a multiple selection. Only single data lines.

Im running MySQL 4.1.20
adeptt1
phpLister

Postby Hernol » 2:57pm, Thu 15 Mar, 2007

Mm, you may want to search/add that feature to the bugtracker ( mantis.phplist.com ), also check in the db table phplist_user_user_attribute how phplist define the att for each user
Hernol
Admin

update/workaround

Postby adeptt1 » 2:13pm, Wed 21 Mar, 2007

Iv tried now to just import one piece of data of a multiple select category. I assumed because i had multiple selections that it won't work so at least i can get one piece of data in. I experienced the same errors.

Work Around:

I changed the attribute of the category to be radio buttons. Then i imported and the data and it went in fine. Please note i am only importing one selection not multiple now. Then i changed the attribute back to multiple select boxes and now my users have at least one piece of data in this category. Not a desired way of doing it. Basically it looks like the multiple select option is just not working at all.
adeptt1
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing