mysqldump command from bash shell

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

mysqldump command from bash shell

Postby jameswynen » 2:45pm, Fri 16 Mar, 2007

It seems that my timeout is too short on IE and Firefox to use MyPHPadmin to export the database.. Which is large due to the fact I need to keep bounces for 5-6 months (to have the consecutive bouncecount work)since emails only go out 1-2 times a month.

So... What i need and i remember seeing it somewhere when i installed phplist, is the command to dump the database manually into a file from within bash...

I think it was how to back it up, but i have searched forums and documentation cant find it...

mysqldump -uuser -ppassword -h localhost ????? phpbackupdatabase.sql

is about as far as I can remember... any help would be appreciated... I want to make sure the dump is in a format that can be re-imported easily.... an import command from bash would be helpful as well.

Thanks.

James
jameswynen
PL Nut

Command to add droptables

Postby jameswynen » 2:47pm, Fri 16 Mar, 2007

Also I know that add droptables needs to be checked in myadmin, since it seems not to be my default. So the switch to turn that on should be included in the command.

thx
James
jameswynen
PL Nut

Return to Question & Problems - after installing