Want to use a PHP script to "import" new users

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Want to use a PHP script to "import" new users

Postby pkimelma » 4:55am, Mon 19 Mar, 2007

Sorry if this has been covered, but I could not find it anywhere.

I have an automated page for picking up new mail addresses from in-store subscription (from the Point of sale database). I do not want to give the employee who uses that the admin password. Is there some reasonable way to insert new users by using the existing PHP code? I was going to just use the in import1.php, but I wanted to know if there was a preferred method. The block starting with "while (list($email,$data) = each ($user_list))" is what I want (except I also need the bit before), but that is not a standalone function. So, I would need to copy and adapt.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
pkimelma
phpLister

Never mind - used posting fake

Postby pkimelma » 6:03am, Wed 21 Mar, 2007

Well, I decided on a different approach. I instead modified the .htaccess to allow my own php file and I then setup a fake POST. Not thrilled with this versus a proper function, but it works. I did have to make two mods: I have a non-GET/non-POST variable passed in which overrides the login requirement; I use that variable as well to stop the posted-file transfer trick, since my file is not truly posted.
pkimelma
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing