PHPList only sending out ~50 mails per refresh

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

PHPList only sending out ~50 mails per refresh

Postby OldJoe » 8:02am, Mon 26 Mar, 2007

Hello all,

I'm having a small problem with PHPList. I have disabled both batch sending and throttling, but PHPList still only sends out around 50 mails at a time. Then I have to wait a few minutes and refresh the process queue for it to send out more. Needless to say, this is going to be a pain in the ass in the long terms.

I've called my hosting company, and they haven't got much clue what is causing this (they only have a total limit per day, not per hour or minutes).

Setting up a cron job for this I have no clue how to do, even after reading through the cronexamples and the various topics covering this stuff.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this? Any help is appreciated.
OldJoe
phpLister

Postby Hernol » 2:19pm, Mon 26 Mar, 2007

Not a clue, but you can use a Firefox extension called ReloadEvery in the meantime. This extension just reaload the page every the-time-you-tell, so it will help you send emails.
Hernol
Admin

Postby Keith Jordan » 8:02pm, Mon 26 Mar, 2007

Perhaps your host doesn't understand their mail software! Perhaps they have some pop lock thing going on!!
Keith Jordan
PL Nut

Postby ZomzomDesign » 7:33am, Wed 04 Apr, 2007

I had the same issue. Your hosting company might be correct that they only have a limit on emails. But did you ask about scripts sending emails?

No :)

Mine stopped at 5 before having to refresh so you are lucky.

Do this in your config: (mine starts at line 296 and my batch size is 3 - That's Three - talk about strict. Yours would be safe at 40)

Code: Select all
# define the amount of emails you want to send per period. If 0, batch processing
# is disabled and messages are sent out as fast as possible
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",40);

# define the length of one batch processing period, in seconds (3600 is an hour)
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",1200);

# to avoid overloading the server that sends your email, you can add a little delay
# between messages that will spread the load of sending
# you will need to find a good value for your own server
# value is in seconds (or you can play with the autothrottle below)
define('MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE',20);
ZomzomDesign
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing