5 emails get sent and then stops...

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

5 emails get sent and then stops...

Postby ZomzomDesign » 4:02pm, Fri 30 Mar, 2007

First time here. I have posted this question elsewhere and the consensus is I need to contact my hosting provider, resellers panel.

I have done throttling, batch sending etc. None of it worked in this situation.

I contacted my hosting provider and at first they said "...no we do not have such restrictions that would stop your PHPlist to send all the messages."

A little later they said, "there is also a new restriction according to which there is a limited amount of simultaneous connections from a script.

This may very well be the reason why some emails get delivered and the rest of them fail without a feedback error."

Anyway, they sent a suggestion.

"Send each email individually using SMTP authentication (it's like sending out through Webmail) but it can be accomplished with a script as well - I think that PHPList had such a back-up setting"

Does anyone know how to set this up because it sounds to me like sending email using script is going to be impossible with reseller panel from now on.

Thank you in advance.
Paul
ZomzomDesign
phpList newbie

Here is the answer for those with the same issue:

Postby ZomzomDesign » 7:34am, Wed 04 Apr, 2007

Code: Select all
# define the amount of emails you want to send per period. If 0, batch processing
# is disabled and messages are sent out as fast as possible
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",3);

# define the length of one batch processing period, in seconds (3600 is an hour)
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",60);

# to avoid overloading the server that sends your email, you can add a little delay
# between messages that will spread the load of sending
# you will need to find a good value for your own server
# value is in seconds (or you can play with the autothrottle below)
define('MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE',20);
ZomzomDesign
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing