$message_envelope. Bounces not working. Help!

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

$message_envelope. Bounces not working. Help!

Postby myopenbar » 2:03pm, Tue 10 Apr, 2007

I have uncommented and changed $message_envelope to bounces@mydomain.com

When i send a test email and check the source, it works like magic.

When i send out a real email to my list it changes the return-path to my from address.

WTF?!!! Has anyone else experienced this? Does this have something to do with QMail or Sendmail. I really need to start processing bounces and I have tried everything i can think of.

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

p.s. - I've searched the forums and have found tons of issues with bounces but no threads that solve this issue.
myopenbar
phpLister

Similar Problem with Envelope

Postby jasonfranz » 3:33am, Tue 08 May, 2007

I have a similar problem with setting the Envelope. When I enable that setting I get MASSES of 'unrouteable domain errors' for most if not all of my messages sent. As soon as I re-comment that line and send again, it seems as if most of my messages reach the intended recipients.

My problem is when not using the Envelope I get NO bounces at all!

How can I:

1. Set envelope to work correctly so I can mail properly AND receive appropriate bounces.

and/or

2. Turn envelope off, but still receive appropriate bounces to ANY email account on my domain?

Thanks much!

Jason
jasonfranz
PL Nut

Postby Hernol » 2:29pm, Tue 08 May, 2007

Have you read the instructions here http://docs.phplist.com/PhpListConfigBounces ?
Hernol
Admin

Bounces and Envelope

Postby jasonfranz » 3:58pm, Tue 08 May, 2007

yes, of course I've read all FAQ and Documentation. I already know that I cannot use automatic bounce handling since my host does not want to install the IMAP portion of PHP. However, I still need to be able to manually receive and process bounces.

Thanks for any help.

Jason
jasonfranz
PL Nut

Return to Question & Problems - after installing