Sending only HTML email, does not work? please advice

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Postby Chandan13 » 8:23am, Fri 20 Apr, 2007

Hi,

How to send only HTML email to my user list. I tried to do this using Reconcile Users option, but everytime I send an email, it sends both emails, as in text and HTML, not just that, it sends more than 70% emails in text and 30% in hTML approx. not sure why it does that.

The list is imported from csv as I have data in a another database.

Please advice.
Chandan13
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 2:20pm, Fri 20 Apr, 2007

Might be related to the issue described here: http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=9687

Have you tried selecting "HTML" instead of "Text and HTML" on the Format tab of the 'Send a message' page?

Did you check your database for possible errors ( lists/admin/?page=dbcheck ) ?
H2B2

Postby Chandan13 » 4:28pm, Fri 20 Apr, 2007

Sorry, that was my fault, I should have mentioned that I have tried that too. I mean, to get into the format option and then sending message by setting the Format to HTML only.

Still wondering why does it send Text based email mainly when I take care of all the setting.

One question probably would be:

Say that I import 100 new emails into an existing email list. The existing email list has a default setting for HTML email only, do the new imported email ids (which is imported to the existing email list) need to be set at HTML email again by the Reconcile users?

I have seen this that every time I import some new numbers in an existing list. When I do the settings from Reconcile users it shows me a message that the default email settings have been changed for that number of email ids!

Thanks,

Chandan
Chandan13
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing