viewing lists cannot see list like in demo new to PHP list

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

viewing lists cannot see list like in demo new to PHP list

Postby sydneyguy » 2:43pm, Mon 23 Apr, 2007

new to phplist, and have just installed the software and have created two lists but when I go to subscribe to them there is no list to choose from like in the Demo not sure what I have done wrong or still need to configure. Any help would be appreciated
thanks
sydneyguy
phpList newbie

Postby Hernol » 1:45pm, Tue 24 Apr, 2007

Lists must be active and you have to select the lists in the subscribe page edit section.
Hernol
Admin

re active selection

Postby sydneyguy » 6:10am, Wed 25 Apr, 2007

thanks for the reply
I by making it active means selecting active tick box then I have done this

phplist - the list of lists

list active is now ticked did not make any difference
I have only just loaded it up bu have set nothing else up except to make this active tick box ticked I have two lists and thought that with both ticked I would be able to see both as in the demo but I must have done some thing incorrect any ideas
sydneyguy
phpList newbie

ok thanks got it

Postby sydneyguy » 6:14am, Wed 25 Apr, 2007

I missed the edit subscribe and selecting the add list in the subscribe page thanks so much, I could not find that in the documentation thanks you so much
sydneyguy
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 1:49pm, Wed 25 Apr, 2007

You may have overlooked this:
To edit or create a subscribe page, you must click on one of the links in the Configuring Subscribe Pages page.
Despite its apparent complexity, editing or creating a subscribe page is easy. Apart from creating a personalized header, footer, confirmation messages, etc., (if you choose to use something different than what comes with the standard phplist installation) you can only select what you have already created: attributes and lists.

[...]

Select the lists to offer

Self-explanatory.
Example:
test [checkbox] List for testing.

Source: http://docs.phplist.com/EditSubscribePageInfo
H2B2

Return to Question & Problems - after installing