How to send again the same message to one person ?

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

How to send again the same message to one person ?

Postby mlier » 7:52am, Wed 02 May, 2007

I wrote a message and I sent it to a list of person.
I want now to send it again to one given person of that list (this is not a new person in the list).
In fact, that person deleted it, but he wants it again.

How to do that with phplist ?
I cannot find a function to select a person and send again the same message.
mlier
phpLister

Postby veeren » 3:44pm, Thu 03 May, 2007

Mlier,

if you go to the Messages section under the main menu it will give you a list of sent messages. There you can select View, then you should see a link to edit the message. Then you can use the Send Test Message button to resend the messages to that person. This way you don't have to create a new list just for to resend.

I'm new to phplist, so there may be a more direct way to do this; but from what I've seen you can only send messages to Lists.

Hope this helps.

v
veeren
phpList newbie

Postby mlier » 4:27pm, Thu 03 May, 2007

That is a very good idea.

The only pb could be that the test function send the message twice : html and text format.

That is not a so big problem.
mlier
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 12:52am, Fri 04 May, 2007

mlier wrote:The only pb could be that the test function send the message twice : html and text format.

Since version 2.10.3 you can send just one test message by changing this setting in config.php:
Code: Select all
# test emails
# if you send a test email, phplist will by default send you two emails, one in HTML format
# and the other in Text format. Since ver. 2.10.3, if you set this to 1, you can override this behaviour
# and only have a test email sent to you that matches the user record of the user that the
# test emails are sent to
define('SEND_ONE_TESTMAIL',0);
Ref: http://docs.phplist.com/PhpListConfiguration
H2B2

Return to Question & Problems - after installing