page=messages will not load / page=messages won't load

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

page=messages will not load / page=messages won't load

Postby edoggie » 6:44pm, Wed 02 May, 2007

All other PHPlist pages load, I recently added a new Draft to the list, but now I need to send it off. The unfortunate thing is the admin/?page=messages will not load. I tried Safari, Firefox and I also tried restarting the HTTP server, to see if the process was somehow hung up, but none of those worked.

Last time I sent out an e-mail this page was intermittent, meaning I had to reload the page a few times before it would actually load, but now everything I have tried fails.

Firefox gives a blank page with no errors.

Safari gives a general will not load message, any ideas? Need help I am running PHPList 2.10.4 on Apache/1.3.33 server with PHP 4.3.10 and MySQL 3.23.56
---------------------
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.mysite.com/lists/admin/?page=messages”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

-Eric

---------------------
edoggie
phpLister

Linktracking table the issue...

Postby edoggie » 10:02pm, Wed 02 May, 2007

I went an put die statements into the messages.php file I think it is this query that is killing the page:
Code: Select all
$clicks = Sql_Fetch_Row_Query("select sum(clicked) from {$tables["linktrack"]} where messageid = ".$msg["id"]);

The link tracking table is up to about 500MG and 2 million records. Is there a way to optimize this table/fix this table without loosing all the link tracking information? Or am I at a point of no return and I should just delete it?

That would kind of suck because I just installed the linktracking a few weeks ago and the customer loved the information they were getting from this.
edoggie
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 4:12am, Wed 09 May, 2007

Seems related to this report on excessive size link track tables: http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=6473
H2B2

Return to Question & Problems - after installing