Bounce handling w/o IMAP module in PHP

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Bounce handling w/o IMAP module in PHP

Postby bkayne » 7:48pm, Thu 03 May, 2007

I have a hosted webserver and a hosting company that has no desire to add the PHP IMAP module to their servers.

I have correctly configured my setup so that my bounces end up in an email account where they can be reviewed.

My question is what am I losing by not being able to view my bounces or process my bounces through the PHP interface?

Thanks,

Bob
bkayne
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 12:07am, Fri 04 May, 2007

What you loose is automatic bounce processing. You will need to manually review bounces and unconfirm or delete users with a certain number of bounces, or with a specific reason for bouncing.
Ref: http://docs.phplist.com/PhpListConfigBounces

The relevance of bounce processing -either automatic or manual- is to keep your user list as clean as possible, and possibly to avoid being blacklisted by providers, e.g. sending high mail volumes to inexistent users of a providers mail domain may trigger blacklisting.
H2B2

Return to Question & Problems - after installing