How to get USERDATA ordered?

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

How to get USERDATA ordered?

Postby Terrell » 3:25pm, Tue 22 May, 2007

How can I get the USERDATA which is sent in the Message when users change their info in the correct order?

The information in USERDATA seems random, not in the order I added the Attributes, nor ID order in the MySQL file, nor the listorder.

I want the USERDATA to be a logical order (first name, last name, address, etc). What do I need to do to get it in order?

Thanks ahead of time!

Terrell
Terrell
phpLister

Perhaps a solution

Postby Terrell » 9:04pm, Wed 23 May, 2007

I may have found the answer to my own question. It seems that when the email letter is generated with USERDATA in it, PHPList picks up the items from the MySQL php_user_attribute table, ignoring the ID and Order numbers.

So the key is to have all these items entered in the correct order. The only way to do this is to add the attributes in the order you wish them to appear. It does not work to tag them with an Order number, and it also does not work to change the table ID numbers.

Here's what I did:
Using MySQL Admin, went to the php_user_attribute table and pressed EMPTY. This gets rid of everything in the table, but leaves the table.

Then in PHPList, I recreated the attribute list in the order I wanted the items to appear in the email with USERDATA.

This will generate errors if you import predefined defaults, but it looks like these errors can safely be ignored.

The end result is a table that is set up the way you want the email with USERDATA listed.
Terrell
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing