Pricing

Questions related to the phpList Hosted service

Pricing

Postby ultratux » 4:08am, Fri 04 Feb, 2011

Using no. of emails sent as the main pricing criteria as opposed to subscriber list size (which most commercial autoresponders like aweber and getresponse do) is really very expensive.

My opinion is to rethink about the pricing structure if want to be more competitive than the popular ones, and entice those users to switch over.

Cheers!
ultratux
phpLister

Re: Pricing

Postby michiel » 6:15pm, Mon 14 Feb, 2011

yes, it does seem to be more common to use amount of subscribers for the pricing.
we will probably change this in the future.
michiel
Admin

Postby Cornwell » 11:46am, Wed 29 Jun, 2011

I'm looking at phpList Hosted (I already run phpList on my server for a number of clients) because the number of emails is straining the server capacity as I have to throttle the send rate back to 300 per hour, and I have lists that are over 3000 in size. Plus I have a client who may want to have a list that could grow to 15,000.

However the frequency of sending messages is quite sporadic. In one case there are 8 messages in 4 months, then two for the rest of the year. In the other case it is anticipated that the messages would be quarterly, so there would be one month with 15,000 messages followed by two months with none.

As you can see what I am looking for is a per-message charge or something like that. Or is it possible to sign up then switch between bands? Or to sign up for a year and have an annual rather than a monthly limit?
Cornwell
PL Geek

Postby michiel » 4:28pm, Wed 29 Jun, 2011

phpList hosted is working on a way to allow additional payments for a shorter time, if you need more than your monthly limit. At the moment, the best thing to do is to sign up to the limit you need, and if you run out of credits pay for a new limit. Your previous payment schedule will then be cancelled and your new limit will be available for another month, or whichever payment period you choose. Also, previous limits paid for will stay in-tact. So, if you pay for say 2000 messages for 6 months, those messages will stay in your credits.
michiel
Admin

Return to phpList Hosted