Error, cannot find config file

Questions & Problems about Installing or Upgrading Version 2 phpList
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Error, cannot find config file

Postby dirtyhandsphp » 12:30pm, Mon 18 Mar, 2013

I have downloaded phplist-2.10.19 and installed on my wamp server. After all configurations settings has been done. It is working fine on main url.

Like : http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/phplist/public_html/lists/

But when i tried to include this fine in another file then it's showing me the following error :

"Error, cannot find config file"

Following is the code of that file.

Code: Select all
<html>
<title>Test</title>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<?php include_once('../phplist/public_html/lists/index.php');?>
</body></html>
Code: Select all

Guys, can you please help me to know why it's happening like that.
dirtyhandsphp
phpList newbie

Re: Error, cannot find config file

Postby duncanc » 1:33pm, Mon 18 Mar, 2013

You have installed the wrong directory from the phplist distribution.

In the distributed zip file, the public_html directory correspond to your web server root directory, probably the wamp directory.

The lists directory beneath public_html should be in that root directory so that the url is www.xxxx.com/lists/admin

And what are you trying to achieve with your html file?
duncanc

Postby dirtyhandsphp » 6:18pm, Mon 18 Mar, 2013

Thanks "duncanc". Thanks for your quick reply. But it will not make any difference. I had already tried for that.

Actually i have to integrate this PHPList with my customized MVC framework where header, footer and sidebar are coming through different views. So for body part i have to implement phplist. I can keep that lists folder under my libraries only from where i access all other third party applications as well. This html is just an example how i am trying to include lists functionality in other file.
dirtyhandsphp
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 4:52pm, Tue 19 Mar, 2013

phplist generates a complete html page, including doctype, so I am not sure how well it will fit into your framework.

But by default it expects the config file to be in a fixed place, but that can be overridden by environment variables. See index.php and admin/index.php to see how it does that.
duncanc

Return to Installing & Upgrading