Has the database structure changed?

Questions & Problems about Installing or Upgrading with Version 3 phpList.
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Has the database structure changed?

Postby Cornwell » 12:23pm, Fri 16 Aug, 2013

I have extended one of my installations of PHPlist to provide a membership system. I haven't amended the code but I have extra code that reads and updates the database tables.

Has the upgrade to release 3.0 resulted in any change to the database structure? (I am currently on release 2.10.19.) If it has, can you please say which tables have been affected?
Cornwell
PL Geek

Re: Has the database structure changed?

Postby duncanc » 10:54am, Sat 17 Aug, 2013

The tables that handle click tracking have changed. But it is probably best if you review the table definitions for 2.10.x and 3.0.0. Look at the file admin/structure.php to see the table definitions. A simple file compare of the two files may well provide what you need.
duncanc

Re: Has the database structure changed?

Postby Cornwell » 10:30am, Mon 19 Aug, 2013

Not quite as simple as it sounds, because the change in nomenclature from users to subscribers generated a number of "differences" that are of no real consequence. That, and differences in how far parts of the code were indented which were flagged up by my file compare program (WinMerge).

But thanks to Duncan's pointer I do now have the information I need. In the hope that it may be of use to others here it is (YMMV and other caveats apply):

New tables:admin_password_request, i18n, linktrack_forward, linktrack_ml, linktrack_uml_click
A definition for gchartcache appears but is commented out.

Tables that have been removed or commented out: admin_task, listrss, rssitem, rssitem_data, rssitem_user, task, user_rss

Changed tables
list has an extra field (category) added
admin, bounce, listuser, message, messagedata, user_blacklist, user_blacklist_data, user_user - all these tables have what I think are minor changes, such as new index fields, field lengths increased, data type changed from text to longtext.
Cornwell
PL Geek

Return to Installing and Upgrading