Errors upgrading V3.02 to V3.06

Questions & Problems about Installing or Upgrading with Version 3 phpList.
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Errors upgrading V3.02 to V3.06

Postby pjetson » 5:46am, Wed 23 Apr, 2014

My host upgraded me from V3.02 to V3.06 for some reason. The first time I tried to use V3.06 after the upgrade, I couldn't log in - my password had changed. I was able to use the button on the login page to set a new password, so that wasn't much of a roadblock.

Once logged in, I got a message near the top of the screen saying that my database needed to be upgraded. When I did this, I got an error (I think it was 1054, sorry I didn't write it down before getting interrupted and moving off that screen).

I then did a database check, and the first four items on the screen showed red thumbs down icons - phplist_attribute, phplist_user_attribute, phplist_user, and phplist_user_history.

When I go to the Configuration section, I get two errors:

Database error 1146 while doing query Table 'xxxxx_php1.phplist_attribute' doesn't exist
Database error 1146 while doing query Table 'xxxxx_php1.phplist_user' doesn't exist

(I've replaced my database name with xxxxx)

I then get a screen with 7 configuration steps - all have a green thumbs up icon except for the last one "Add some subscribers", which has a red thumbs down icon. I shouldn't need to add any, I had about 20,000 before! I'm guessing I might have zero now :-(

Does anyone have any ideas?
pjetson
phpLister

Re: Errors upgrading V3.02 to V3.06

Postby duncanc » 8:53am, Wed 23 Apr, 2014

The four tables that you mention all usually have an extra '_user' as part of the prefix, e.g. phplist_user_user instead of phplist_user.

Possibly the prefix has been changed as part of the upgrade. Check your config.php file for the lines
Code: Select all
# if you want to use a different prefix to user tables, specify it here.
# read README.usertables for more information
$usertable_prefix = "phplist_user_";
duncanc

Postby pjetson » 2:30am, Thu 24 Apr, 2014

Thanks Duncan. The problem turned out to be a corrupted configuration file that was only about 4Kb in size instead of the 32Kb that the pre-update version was.

The corruption actually started on the line before where the phplist_user_ entry should have been, so it looks like PHPlist must have used some kind of "built-in" value that didn't match up with the database tables.

Thanks again,
Peter
pjetson
phpLister

Postby stuzog » 7:08pm, Sun 27 Apr, 2014

Similar problem on upgrading to 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 on local MAMP setup. Going to Dashboard gives:

Database error 1146 while doing query Table '[database_name_here]_phplist_linktrack_ml' doesn't exist

Otherwise it seems to be running OK. Any ideas?
stuzog
phpList newbie

Postby Dragonrider » 6:10am, Mon 28 Apr, 2014

pjetson wrote:Thanks Duncan. The problem turned out to be a corrupted configuration file that was only about 4Kb in size instead of the 32Kb that the pre-update version was.

The corruption actually started on the line before where the phplist_user_ entry should have been, so it looks like PHPlist must have used some kind of "built-in" value that didn't match up with the database tables.

Thanks again,
Peter

Sounds more like you are using the quick-start version of config rather than config_extended.php. Don't forget to rename this to config.php and use it instead.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40503
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
Latest phpList version is now 3.0.12 (3 February 2015) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Postby duncanc » 6:39am, Mon 28 Apr, 2014

Database error 1146 while doing query Table '[database_name_here]_phplist_linktrack_ml' doesn't exist

phplist_linktrack_ml should have been created when you installed or upgraded to 3.0.2, it is not a new table in 3.0.6. You should use phpmyadmin to review the database.
duncanc

Postby hulk123 » 7:41pm, Thu 15 May, 2014

Disregard, I figured it out.
hulk123
phpList newbie

Return to Installing and Upgrading