subscribe page footer

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

subscribe page footer

Postby jimlongo » 6:07am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

In my Config->Subscribe Pages footer the code
Code: Select all
<?php echo VERSION?>

returns nothing.

It works on admin pages where it is in footer.inc
jimlongo
PL Geek

Re: subscribe page footer

Postby Sven2157 » 1:27am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

Try this( you need a semi-colon ; at the end of your call ):
<?php echo VERSION;?>

You know, it may save a second here and there, but if you are writing code like that a lot, you could use the php 'echo' shorthand; it the same thing:
<?=VERSION;?>

Hope that helps! :wink:

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jimlongo » 2:35am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

Thanks I had already tried that.

It doesn't matter, and that same code is all over the place . . . without the closing semicolon, and it works everywhere else, just not in this one instance.
jimlongo
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 3:16am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

jimlongo wrote:... and it works everywhere else, just not in this one instance.

Which instance? I just looked at my 'CONFIG -> SUBSCRIBE PAGES' and it is definitely there( all the way down ).

It is also in the 'EDIT SUBSCRIBE PAGES' page. You are meaning in the ADMIN section right? Where exactly are you trying to put/see this? :|

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jimlongo » 4:17am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

In Config->Subscribe Pages the footer section is what displays on all my public pages.

I have a line in that footer that goes
   <td bgcolor="#ff9966" class="bottom">&copy; <a class="urhere" href="http://www.phplist.com" target="_blank">phpList <?php VERSION?></a>

Theoretically it should print phpList v3.0.2, but all that gets printed on the public page is phpList

In fact I just found out I can't put any php in that footer block, it won't print.

I don't know what you mean by "it's there all the way down", does it print on the webpage?
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 12.17.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 12.17.40 AM.png (13.51 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
Last edited by jimlongo on 2:44pm, Tue 27 Aug, 2013, edited 1 time in total.
jimlongo
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 4:53am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

Maybe that class( <a class="urhere" ) has something to do with it? I see that the 'v' is not showing either; and it has no code, just text.

Try pulling that class out of the anchor, and see if it shows up then.

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jimlongo » 2:44pm, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

Sven2157 wrote:Maybe that class( <a class="urhere" ) has something to do with it? I see that the 'v' is not showing either; and it has no code, just text.

typo, there is no "v"

It has nothing to do with style - I'll repeat I cannot put any php in that footer block anywhere and have it print output., if you can let me know. I think it has to do with the way the variable that displays the footer is built and returned in (for instance) index.php

Just went back and checked it doesn't display in my v2 either. Perhaps it's due to recent php or mysql updates or php.ini changes on my server. Again let me know if you can print php output in that footer block.

However it does display everywhere else, for instance admin pages.
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 10.48.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 10.48.51 AM.png (5.35 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
jimlongo
PL Geek

Postby AlanGeorge » 3:09pm, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

Hi Jim

nothing like going around in circles, you always get back to where you started.....lol

Removing the footer powered by info is not that straight forward and nor is blending phpList into your sites theme as there are multiples instances of the footer info in the index.php file

Have a quick look at the following

http://www.alangeorge-photography.com/listShots_sub3x.php

and even I have missed a few "powered By" entries....oooops

To achive this I had to modify the SubscribePage, Index.php, Subscribelib2, css and other files.... not an easy option

Sorry no quick fix......Yet....

Regards

Alan
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 3:33pm, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

jimlongo wrote: I'll repeat I cannot put any php in that footer block anywhere and have it print output., if you can let me know.

jimlongo wrote: I think it has to do with the way the variable that displays the footer is built and returned in (for instance) index.php

I am doing my best to try to figure out what it is you are doing/saying. Sorry ...

I just renamed the folders - ui/dressprow && admin/ui. It has NO effect at all on the frontend. So, that footer you are trying to edit, is not there. I am still trying to recover my RAID Array and computer, at the moment. I'll try to locate as the day progresses.

In the mean time, can you look here: My Clients Site.

Along the bottom, where I inserted their address, on the left, and have the phplist version and info on the right; is that what you are trying to do( or similar )?

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing