Page 1 of 1

Unrouteable address

PostPosted: 7:25pm, Thu 29 Aug, 2013
by ict
Hi all,

new to this forum... searched the FAQ en couldn't find it.

I used phplist in older version and recently upgraded to the latest (3.0.2)

first missed the html editor, but was quickly solved. Now the real thing. I send a mail to an existing (used before) mailing list. This list is quite small (20 - 40 subscribers), so also easy to check.

I suddenly got multiple "Unrouteable address" errors that surprised me. The strange thing is that I checked them (by sending a personal mail with normal mail program) and that they just work fine. So "Unrouteable" seems a bit strange to me. It's not that they all bounce, that could lead to a basis configuration error, but some have this error.

Any help appreciated...

If it is any help, I didn't receive any other errors or bounces (yet).

Beginning of the mail/error I received by mail:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
Unrouteable address

Re: Unrouteable address

PostPosted: 12:02am, Fri 30 Aug, 2013
by Sven2157
One of two things may have happened here:
  • You have used up your SMTP relays for the day.
  • You have been hacked, and they have used up your SMTP relays.
These relays are the amount of email you are allowed to send via your SMTP server; a quota really.

See this article: What you need to do when you see unrouteable address

Hope that helps! :wink: