Amazon SES, send test mail ok, send campaign doesn't work

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Amazon SES, send test mail ok, send campaign doesn't work

Postby thongta » 3:30am, Wed 18 Dec, 2013

Hi,

I'm using phpList 3.0.5.
My server is Amazon EC2 with SES set up correctly and my website can sent email properly using amazon ses services. In that case, I think I just need to configure phpList to send mail using regular php mail since my website is living ok with that.

When I created a campaign, click the send test button, it works fine, I got an email from phpList (via Amazon SES).
But when I clicked Send Campaign button and executed the queue (just several subscribers for testing purpose), phpList told me every messages have been sent successfully, but I can't see any mail in my mailbox, even Spam folder.

Please advice.
T
thongta
PL Nut

Re: Amazon SES, send test mail ok, send campaign doesn't wor

Postby danwaterloo » 9:04am, Thu 19 Dec, 2013

1. Amazon limits the number of emails you can send, starting with a small number per day, and slowly and automatically increasing the quantity per day that it will send for you as it verifies your sending reputation. Perhaps this is why?

2. What is your email address domain? if it is "Yahoo", "gmail.com", etc, they want to see that dns is setup properly. what is the domains that you are sending to that don't receive email?
danwaterloo
PL Master

Postby utopiaopera » 8:46pm, Fri 07 Mar, 2014

It's a shame this was never resolved. I'm having the exact same issues. The test message goes out fine, but as soon as I try to send a campaign, it errors.

PHPLists 3.0.5
utopiaopera
PL Nut

Postby aruba_hosted » 9:41am, Fri 23 May, 2014

Could you post your configuration? Are you using

Code: Select all
define('USE_AMAZONSES',1);

or

Code: Select all
define('PHPMAILER',1);
aruba_hosted