View Statistics Privileges Problem

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

View Statistics Privileges Problem

Postby cschmitt » 3:02pm, Fri 07 Mar, 2014

I created an administrator, gave the administrator "View statistics" Privileges, set Super Admin to no, and had them update their password.

When that admin logs on, the admin can click "View statistics". Once the admin clicks that link, the page goes to "Statistics Overview" and shows the campaigns in the last year. If the admin clicks on any of the campaigns, the error: "You do not have access to this page" is displayed.

If the admin clicks "Statistics" in the menu bar and then selects "View clicks per url" or "View clicks by campaign" the message "There are currently no statistics available" is displayed.

If the admin clicks "View opens by campaign", the massage "There are currently no campaigns to view" is displayed. Below that message is a "Available campaigns" list is displayed with one row. The available campaign is called "Comparison to other admins"

NOTE: this behavior occurs even if all listed Privileges are selected but Super Admin is no.

Is the only way to allow an admin to see the statistics information to mark them a Super Admin?
cschmitt
phpList newbie

Re: View Statistics Privileges Problem

Postby duncanc » 3:19pm, Fri 07 Mar, 2014

Unfortunately, that is the only solution. The permissions model in phplist 3 doesn't allow sharing lists or campaigns between ordinary admins.
duncanc

Postby cschmitt » 3:25pm, Fri 07 Mar, 2014

Thank you for letting me know. Do you know if this is going to be addressed in the future? Perhaps the addition of a Campaign Group that admins can be added to?
cschmitt
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 10:14am, Sun 09 Mar, 2014

I agree that the permission approach needs to be revised but I don't know of any plans to do that.

What are you trying to achieve - allow an ordinay admin to view statistics on campaigns sent by all other admins?
duncanc

Postby cschmitt » 1:22pm, Mon 10 Mar, 2014

I send the email blasts. I have been using the admin login to do so. I would like give access to the real time statistics to two other people. I do not want them sending email or changing settings.

Is there another way to accomplish this?
cschmitt
phpList newbie

Postby danwaterloo » 12:56am, Tue 11 Mar, 2014

hi cschmitt, I've got the same issue, and would like the 'advanced analytics' to be seen by the regular users, for their campaign. Maybe this can be something I can work on, but it won't be 'quick'... in the mean time, my users can get basic analytics with their login, and that seems to work ok for them (for now).
The other thing we do is share a google spreadsheet, where I type in the statistics they want to know, for each campaign we run.
danwaterloo
PL Master

Postby duncanc » 7:21am, Tue 11 Mar, 2014

There are a few problems here - ordinary admins can see only their own lists and messages, and plugins are only available to super admins.

The best way to try to get this changed is to raise an issue on Mantis, the bug tracking system https://mantis.phplist.com/view_all_bug_page.php.
duncanc

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing