how to set bouncescounter of all subscribers to 0?

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

how to set bouncescounter of all subscribers to 0?

Postby HansT » 7:36pm, Thu 07 Aug, 2014

Hi,
I want to set the counter for bounces of all subsribers to 0. How can I do it?
greetings
Hans
HansT
PL Nut

Re: how to set bouncescounter of all subscribers to 0?

Postby duncanc » 10:18am, Fri 08 Aug, 2014

Although this was possible in phplist 2.10.x, that feature does not exist in phplist 3.

But, so far as I know, the bounce count held for each subscriber is not actually used. It merely counts the number of bounces received for the subscriber. The phplist bounce processing looks at bounces of consecutive messages, and that is done dynamically by looking at each message sent to the subscriber to see if it bounced.
duncanc

Postby danwaterloo » 10:48am, Fri 08 Aug, 2014

It would be possible to go to the database directly and issue an sql command to set it all to zero... although as Duncan says, it might not make any difference...

Code: Select all
UPDATE `phplist_user_user` SET `bouncecount`='0' ;
danwaterloo
PL Master

Postby HansT » 11:04am, Fri 08 Aug, 2014

Thanks for your answers. The problem is, that I can only delete all subscribes with i.e. more than 10 bounces, if I wish to. But many subscribers have sometimes quota exceedet and sometimes not. I dont want to delete them. So I would prefer to delete all subscribes with i.e. 10 bounces of the last 10 mailings - after setting all bounces to zero.
If there is another way to delete bounced subsribers in a more selective way, I am open vor all ideas.
And, hmm, what would be the sqlcode for deleting all bounces in the database?
greetings
Hans
HansT
PL Nut

Postby danwaterloo » 1:14pm, Fri 08 Aug, 2014

I find when doing 'compound' lookups, i.e. lookup contacts with >5 bounces, then delete them, it's easier to deal with using several commands, and a separate table or database....

For example, select all contacts with >5 bouncecount,and insert email address, id, uniqid into a new table.
then, you can go through all the other tables, and delete the records related to the 'id'... you'll have to look over the other tables to figure out where the associated records are...

another approach is to blacklist the user, that way you'll never send to them again, by setting the blacklist = 1 in the user_user table...
danwaterloo
PL Master

Postby shankarmishra124 » 10:46pm, Thu 28 Aug, 2014

Hey HansT can You tell me how you will get the bounce count updated automatically
shankarmishra124
phpLister

Postby HansT » 8:04am, Mon 08 Sep, 2014

Hi shankar...
I do not understand your question...
HansT
PL Nut

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing