[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - [EMAIL] and [NAME] placeholders not set in transaction

[EMAIL] and [NAME] placeholders not set in transaction

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

[EMAIL] and [NAME] placeholders not set in transaction

Postby mansi » 1:03pm, Thu 14 Aug, 2014

I need to set placeholders in the mail that i am sending so i am trying to use [EMAIL] and [NAME] as placeholders in the transaction message. In the general information,it sets my user's email and name but in the transaction messages it displays as [EMAIL] and [NAME] and so in the mail sent to user the email and name of user is not set whereas if i give [LISTS] it displays my lists in the mail.
Why is it so?
mansi
phpLister

Re: [EMAIL] and [NAME] placeholders not set in transaction

Postby TranceMeeting » 1:23pm, Thu 14 Aug, 2014

Personally I had tried this as well using the transactional settings from the CONFIG / SUBSCRIBE PAGE / EDIT and I got the same result you got.

BUT [NAME] [EMAIL] and [COUNTRY] works GREAT when sending the newsletter... personally that was the most important. I am able to say Dear [NAME], welcome to our newsletter and the [NAME] is of course replaced automatically with Joe, Dan, Bob etc....

Maybe we can get some feedback about your question from the Author of the program ?
TranceMeeting
phpLister

Postby mansi » 1:35pm, Thu 14 Aug, 2014

Oh ok..but i am unable to replace [NAME] with user's name.Same with [EMAIL] whereas [LISTS] changes to *newsletter.
Hope i get an answer soon
mansi
phpLister

Postby mansi » 5:28am, Sat 16 Aug, 2014

Kindly help me out..when [EMAIL] is the default placeholder given by phplist and it displays user's email in general information,why it doesn't display in transaction message ie. in mail that user's receive and displays as [EMAIL] only?
mansi
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 8:58am, Sat 16 Aug, 2014

phplist doesn't support that. You will need to raise that on the bug tracking system, see .
duncanc

Postby mansi » 9:19am, Sat 16 Aug, 2014

Oh ok..but [EMAIL] is a placeholder provided by phplist itself,still it doesn't support replacing it with user's email in the mail sent to the user?
mansi
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 7:56am, Sun 17 Aug, 2014

Those placeholders can be used only in campaigns, not in the subscription transaction emails.

I have added a note to an existing bug report, .
duncanc

Postby mansi » 7:38am, Mon 18 Aug, 2014

Ok thank you
mansi
phpLister

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing