Editing subscriber page in subscriber details settings

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Editing subscriber page in subscriber details settings

Postby R0N » 3:15pm, Tue 19 Aug, 2014

Hi,
I use different subscriber pages for different subjects.
Adding subscribers manually, the "Which page was used to subscribe" on the subscribers details page is empty and cannot be changed. I do it via the database manager (phpadmin) but that is very laborious.
How can you edit this field?
How can you enter the data for this field when entering subscribers manualy?

This is an important parameter, because when changing prefences by the subscriber, he must be guided to the right page with options. These are connected to the ID of the subscribers page.

Thanks.
R0N
phpLister

Re: Editing subscriber page in subscriber details settings

Postby duncanc » 11:18am, Wed 20 Aug, 2014

I don't think that there is a way to modify that field in phplist.

But there is a simple alternative. When you want to add a new subscriber manually, use the subscribe page itself instead of the "Add a subscriber" button. That way you are subscribing on behalf of the new subscriber and he will be assigned the correct subscribe page.

This approach might also work if you want to change the subscribe page of an existing subscriber.
duncanc

Postby R0N » 9:29am, Thu 21 Aug, 2014

duncanc wrote:I don't think that there is a way to modify that field in phplist.

Bummer.

duncanc wrote:But there is a simple alternative. When you want to add a new subscriber manually, use the subscribe page itself instead of the "Add a subscriber" button. That way you are subscribing on behalf of the new subscriber and he will be assigned the correct subscribe page.
This approach might also work if you want to change the subscribe page of an existing subscriber.

Thanks for responding.
Yes, I thought of that, but then the person would get a confirmation email. So you might need to alter the settings in one way or another. Didn't find that.

Ron
R0N
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 9:36am, Thu 21 Aug, 2014

If you use the subscribe page while logged-in as an admin then you are offered the choice whether to send a confirmation request.
duncanc

Postby R0N » 9:07am, Sat 23 Aug, 2014

duncanc wrote:If you use the subscribe page while logged-in as an admin then you are offered the choice whether to send a confirmation request.

Oepss, I still have a lot to discover.
It's only now that I start using phplist more intensively, I learn to appreciate the program.
Thanks for the tip.

ron
R0N
phpLister

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing