Bounce Handling Feature not working in new version - v3.0.10

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Bounce Handling Feature not working in new version - v3.0.10

Postby niravshastri » 2:01am, Wed 05 Nov, 2014

I have installed phplist new version - v3.0.10 using softaculous on my domain and I have just change bounce pop email settings as follows but the feature Bounce Handling not working proper. I received bounce email with mail delivery failure on my pop email webmail but it was not unconfirmed in phplist after checking “”Process Bounce”” around 10-12 times. So it should be the problem in new version Bounce Handling feature is not working.

My change in config.php file is

$bounce_mailbox_host = 'mail.mydomain.com';
$bounce_mailbox_user = 'email@mydomain.com';
$bounce_mailbox_password = 'mypass';

# set this to 0 if you want to keep your messages in the mailbox. this is potentially
# a problem, because bounces will be counted multiple times, so only do this if you are
# testing things.
$bounce_mailbox_purge = 0;

# set this to 0 if you want to keep unprocessed messages in the mailbox. Unprocessed
# messages are messages that could not be matched with a user in the system
# messages are still downloaded into phpList, so it is safe to delete them from
# the mailbox and view them in phpList
$bounce_mailbox_purge_unprocessed = 1;

# how many bounces in a row need to have occurred for a user to be marked unconfirmed
$bounce_unsubscribe_threshold = 5;

This feature working fine in old version.
niravshastri
phpLister

Re: Bounce Handling Feature not working in new version - v3.

Postby alexeiz » 7:16pm, Wed 12 Nov, 2014

The same complaint.

No need to post my settings - I went through the same experience with no deviations.

Is there any answer somewhere else?
alexeiz
phpLister

Re: Bounce Handling Feature not working in new version - v3.

Postby duncanc » 8:31pm, Wed 12 Nov, 2014

I think that there has been some changes to the bounce processing to avoid counting duplicate bounces more than once.

Are you sure that the bounces are for consecutive messages? Your threshold value of 5 means that 5 consecutive messages have to bounce.

If you are sure that there is a problem then you will need to raise a report in the bug tracking system https://mantis.phplist.com/view_all_bug_page.php.
duncanc

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing