No attachment is seen only ? mark..

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

No attachment is seen only ? mark..

Postby hubkubas » 5:04pm, Sat 15 Nov, 2014

Hello, I am trying to find it but I cant, sorry. SO I have made a pdf infographic which I would like to send to my list. So I copy the pdf file into the message and I can see it there. But when I send the test mail to myself I receive only a little question mark. Can You please tell me how to fix it. Thank You. Hubert.
hubkubas
phpLister

Re: No attachment is seen only ? mark..

Postby duncanc » 5:43pm, Sat 15 Nov, 2014

You need to enable attachments in the config.php file, and then add your pdf file as an attachment when composing the message. See this page in the documentation http://docs.phplist.com/SendMessageAttachInfo.html.
duncanc

Postby hubkubas » 5:48pm, Sat 15 Nov, 2014

Yes, but I can add a file to an email as an attachemnet, I have done that already,
My problem is that if I want to paste the file like picture saved in pdf into the message... its only question mark.
hubkubas
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 6:00pm, Sat 15 Nov, 2014

You will need to save your image as an image file, .jpg, .png etc, then use the image button on the editor toolbar to upload and insert the image. You cannot just copy and paste the image.
duncanc

Postby hubkubas » 9:55am, Sun 16 Nov, 2014

Yes You were right now the pic is coming BUT unfortunatelly when I send the test to my emails I still get no picture because i have some options turn on that I have to accept pictures to see them. Is there any way to avoid this? I mean that people with this option would see the picture whithout accepting it. Regards, Hubert
hubkubas
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 4:04pm, Sun 16 Nov, 2014

You can embed images with a setting in the config.php file, see https://resources.phplist.com/system/config/all.
duncanc

Postby hubkubas » 5:52pm, Sun 16 Nov, 2014

unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it and how it would help me. Would You be so kind and help me, please?
hubkubas
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 6:18pm, Sun 16 Nov, 2014

You need to add the value EMBEDUPLOADIMAGES to your config.php file, see https://resources.phplist.com/system/config/embeduploadimages.

Code: Select all
define('EMBEDUPLOADIMAGES', 1);

phplist will then include an image in the email instead of linking to it.
duncanc

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing