Processqueue gets stalled

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Processqueue gets stalled

Postby brunoferreira » 12:42pm, Mon 15 Dec, 2014

I'm using phplist with cron job in a server that uses php-cgi...i got the cron job working well, but the queue gets stalled after sending some emails and then send emails again...anyone can tell me why did this happen?

I'm sending 90 emails per hour with 3s between them.

This is my cronjob:
/usr/local/bin/php /home/xxxx/public_html/lists/admin/index.php -pprocessqueue > /dev/null -c/home/xxxx/public_html/lists/config/config.php
brunoferreira
phpList newbie

Re: Processqueue gets stalled

Postby duncanc » 5:46pm, Mon 15 Dec, 2014

From what I can see the code that outputs a "stalled" message is not used anymore.
Which page are you viewing when you see that, and which version of phplist are you using?
duncanc

Re: Processqueue gets stalled

Postby duncanc » 5:58pm, Mon 15 Dec, 2014

Found it eventually.

The stalled message is displayed when the time since the last email was sent is greater than a threshold, MESSAGE_SENDSTATUS_INACTIVETHRESHOLD, the default is 120s, and the constant MANUALLY_PROCESS_QUEUE is true. That last test is probably not quite right, the test should be of process queue being run through a browser and not as a command but I am not sure that phplist can determine that.

As you are using a cron job then you can set MANUALLY_PROCESS_QUEUE to false in your config.php file. The "process queue" command will then not appear in the menu but the "stalled" message will be replaced by a "processing" message.
duncanc

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing