simpleattributeselect fail

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

simpleattributeselect fail

Postby gunfacts » 6:11pm, Mon 22 Dec, 2014

I hand checked that there are 40+ users with a single criteria on which I want to send mail.

None get sent. The event log says "No subscribers apply for attributes" which is plainly wrong.

I do not see an upgrade for this plugin. I get the sense that PHPList and/or this plugin have been abandoned.
gunfacts
phpLister

Re: simpleattributeselect fail

Postby duncanc » 7:30pm, Mon 22 Dec, 2014

You should use the Segment plugin instead, see https://resources.phplist.com/plugin/segment.
duncanc

Postby gunfacts » 1:11am, Tue 23 Dec, 2014

Even worse as it generates a small stack of error messages (follows):

SEND A CAMPAIGN

Sorry a software error occurred:
Please report a bug when reporting the bug, please include URL and the entire content of this page.

Warning: include_once(plugins//homepages/37/d146050845/htdocs/gf-phplist/lists/admin/plugins/CommonPlugin/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/37/d146050845/htdocs/gf-phplist/lists/admin/plugins/SegmentPlugin.php on line 133
phpList version 3.0.4

Please report a bug when reporting the bug, please include URL and the entire content of this page.

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'plugins//homepages/37/d146050845/htdocs/gf-phplist/lists/admin/plugins/CommonPlugin/Autoloader.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5.4') in /homepages/37/d146050845/htdocs/gf-phplist/lists/admin/plugins/SegmentPlugin.php on line 133
phpList version 3.0.4

Fatal error: Class 'SegmentPlugin_DAO' not found in /homepages/37/d146050845/htdocs/gf-phplist/lists/admin/plugins/SegmentPlugin.php on line 135
phpList version 3.0.4
gunfacts
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 5:35am, Tue 23 Dec, 2014

The path in the error message looks to be incorrect
Code: Select all
plugins//homepages/37/d146050845/htdocs/gf-phplist/lists/admin/plugins/CommonPlugin/Autoloader.php
Why is there a leading 'plugins/''?
What value do you have for PLUGIN_ROOTDIR in your config.php file? It should be simply 'plugins' if you have used the default location.
duncanc

Postby gunfacts » 4:35pm, Tue 23 Dec, 2014

Don't know why the error lines begin that way. This is a pure vanilla PHPList install ... no hacks ... and the suspect plugin installed be standard mechanism within PHPList.

Config item reads define("PLUGIN_ROOTDIR","plugins");
gunfacts
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 10:12pm, Tue 23 Dec, 2014

Can you confirm that the two plugins have been completely installed as described in the installation instructions?

There should be three items under the Config menu for view phpinfo, view config.php and view session. Are those pages displayed successfully?
duncanc

Postby gunfacts » 4:18pm, Wed 24 Dec, 2014

Sorry, but your guidance makes no sense to me ... "There should be three items under the Config menu for view phpinfo, view config.php and view session."

1) There is no phpinfo under Config.
2) The install instructions only mention Common and Segmentation plugins, so "three items" seems incorrect
gunfacts
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 5:02pm, Wed 24 Dec, 2014

If CommonPlugin has been installed correctly then there will be those items under the Config menu. They are pages provided by that plugin.
You didn't confirm that both plugins have been completely installed. The installation process for CommonPlugin has this guidance
In phplist releases 3.0.5 and earlier there is a bug that can cause a plugin to be incompletely installed on some configurations (https://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=16865). Check that these files are in the plugin directory. If not then you will need to install manually. The bug has been fixed in release 3.0.6.

the file CommonPlugin.php
the directory CommonPlugin

So it sounds like CommonPlugin has not been installed correctly. I suggest that you delete it from your plugin directory and then install it again.

Remove the flle CommonPlugin.php and the directory CommonPlugin from your plugins directory. Then on the plugin page install it again using the package file
Code: Select all
https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-common/archive/master.zip

Similarly for SegmentPlugin.
duncanc

Postby gunfacts » 4:59pm, Fri 26 Dec, 2014

Before I kill too much time, I am on PHPList 3.0.4. From your reply there was a 3.0.5 bug repaired in 3.0.6.

Did the bug also exist in 3.0.4?
gunfacts
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 5:03pm, Fri 26 Dec, 2014

Yes
In phplist releases 3.0.5 and earlier there is a bug

I recommend upgrading to the latest phplist release anyway but you can easily check whether the plugin is installed correctly.
duncanc

Postby gunfacts » 5:37pm, Fri 26 Dec, 2014

OK. Upgraded to 3.0.10, but I have nothing to send and I can't spend my subscriber's patience on a test so it will be a while before I can confirm success.

That being said, I do not see the same error messages when entering the Send Campaign mode.
gunfacts
phpLister

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing