Statistics not working on campaign

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Statistics not working on campaign

Postby SteveK » 3:23pm, Wed 24 Dec, 2014

The statistics are not being reported after sending my campaign. I'm using HostGator.com as my host. I just upgraded from version 3.0.6 to 3.0.10 because I thought that may have played a role in this, but after the upgrade I have the same results. I'm sending to 3 subscribers (3 of my own email addresses) as a test, then opening them, and the statistics are showing 3 sent, 0 bounces, 0 forwards, 0 views. I also find that not all the subscribers are receiving my mailings, it's reporting 3 sent but I'm only receiving 1 or 2 of them.

I tried setting CLICKTRACK to '1', but then the links in my campaign don't work. Instead of going to the link, I get a page not found error.

I'm using the following Plugins: Campaigns Plugin version2014-05-28, Captcha Plugin version 2014-10-26, Common Plugin version 2014-10-22, NameFCKeditor plugin for phpList
version 0.1.

I would like to get PHPlists working but in the meantime will keep on using Constant Contact.
SteveK
phpLister

Re: Statistics not working on campaign

Postby duncanc » 5:23pm, Wed 24 Dec, 2014

You possibly have wrong values for either the field "Website address (without http://)" on the Settings page, or the variable $pageroot in your config.php file.

The "website address" should be the server part of the URL, e.g. www.mysite.com
$pageroot is the path to where phplist is installed, by default it is '/lists'. if phplist is installed in the root of the web site then $pageroot should be an empty string.

By default user tracking is enabled, but you need to be sending an html formatted message, and the subscribers need to enable remote images when viewing the received email.
duncanc

Postby SteveK » 6:04pm, Wed 24 Dec, 2014

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your reply. My config.php file (/home3/skon/public_html/phplist/config/config.php) does not contain the phrase $pageroot.
SteveK
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 6:16pm, Wed 24 Dec, 2014

It appears that you have renamed the lists directory to phplist. In that case you definitely need to add $pageroot to your config file.
Code: Select all
$pageroot = '/phplist';

phplist uses this value when consructing URLs, such as those for click tracking.
duncanc

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing