Blacklisted user keeps getting 'you are unsubscribed' mail

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Blacklisted user keeps getting 'you are unsubscribed' mail

Postby NetAdDicT » 4:20pm, Thu 12 Mar, 2015

One of our blacklisted users keeps getting the 'you have been unsubscribed' messages, about 4 times a day. After he informed us, I went looking for the problem and saw that there was a message 'suspended', for this one user. The user was however on the blacklist and unsubscribed for all newletters.

In the log for this user, I can find 11x the description "Added to blacklist", on different days and from different IP addresses. This seems a lot...

Is there a bug that blacklisted people can get more than once the 'unsubscribed' mail?

[EDIT]
I figured out that the problem is not only a phplist problem. According to my findings, the users' cellphone (***SPAM*** Galaxy S5, Android 4.4.2) automatically reloads the open tabs at some point (I don't know when exactly, I don't own one), and I assume the unsubscribe page is still open in one of the tabs. However, once on the blacklist, I would expect that the user would never get an email ever again, even no 'you are unsubscribed' mails ! PhpList should check if the user isn't blackisted yet, then send the mail and then blacklist the user...

Best regards,
Dave G.
phplist 3.0.12 (same problem with 3.1.1)
NetAdDicT
phpList newbie

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing