Subscribe page doesn't set RSS frequency

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Subscribe page doesn't set RSS frequency

Postby hhadmin » 12:31pm, Tue 31 Mar, 2015

I'm offering two choices on a subscribe page:
1. A periodical newsletter that is sent manually
2. A RSS campaign that runs from daily cron.

When subscribers opt for the daily RSS, their subscription is registered but it does not set the RSS frequency - I have to go in as admin and edit the subscriber's details each time.

How can I set all subscribers RSS frequency to default to Daily? (I don't offer any other frequency).

Subscribe page is here: http://honesthistory.net.au/mailer/

Thanks for any clues

HHadmin
hhadmin
PL Nut

Re: Subscribe page doesn't set RSS frequency

Postby duncanc » 2:06pm, Wed 01 Apr, 2015

You might want to try a new RSS plugin that should be simpler to use https://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42237
duncanc

Re: Subscribe page doesn't set RSS frequency

Postby hhadmin » 4:18am, Mon 06 Apr, 2015

I am testing the new simplified plugin by Duncan linked above. In doing so I have noticed strange behaviour concerning rssmanager and user attributes.

Each time I disabled rssmanager from the plugins manager, then re-enabled it (to keep the existing campaigns going while I test the new plugin), rssmanager seems to create a new attribute for rssfrequency. After some failures, I checked and found "rssfrequency" listed 3 times in each user profile, as attributes 8,9, and 10. This plays havoc when new subscribers sign up, as the old subscribers no longer have an rssfrequency attribute at the right position.

In addition all user profiles show in the edit window yet another attribute called "RSS frequency" (two words, with capitals) that does not appear at all in the "manage attributes" configuration tool and does not have an assigned attribute number, so I can't see how to delete it.

It seems that rssmanager does not check for an existing attribute when it is enabled, and creates a duplicate one.

Keeping fingers crossed that the new plugin does what I need.

HH
hhadmin
PL Nut

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing