SPAM classification even with correct SPF, DKIM & sender-id

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

SPAM classification even with correct SPF, DKIM & sender-id

Postby airelle » 11:44am, Wed 01 Apr, 2015

Hello,

I configured SPF records, DKIM signature and sender-id... All of this works, according to port25 checks (I uploaded here the result of the test). I have a dedicated IP for the domain which hosts PHPList and I checked its reputation : it's good and is not listed in spam databases (my domain name neither).

But the campaign I sent is sometimes classified as SPAM by Gmail (some users gets my message in their spam folder). How can I do to avoid this ? What should I check ?

Many thanks in advance for your help !

Airelle
airelle
PL Nut

Re: SPAM classification even with correct SPF, DKIM & sender

Postby danwaterloo » 2:54pm, Wed 01 Apr, 2015

What happens after google's smtp servers accept your email is up to them.

Where they put the email (Spam or inbox) is totally controlled by google. They have a complex algorithm that watches what people do with emails from a sender (as identified by the dkim header), and then if there is a global trend, then they apply it to all emails from that sender.

The main things you can control are using a double opt-in list, and removing people that 'don't engage'... i.e. if you send someone 20 emails (over time) and they never open it, or delete it without reading, the reputation for identity is adjusted downwards.
danwaterloo
PL Master

Re: SPAM classification even with correct SPF, DKIM & sender

Postby airelle » 5:52pm, Wed 01 Apr, 2015

Ok... So there is nothing I can do more than setting correct SPF, DKIM, sender-id, and even publishing a DMARC policy. Right ?
Yes, I use only valid email addresses and include unsubscribe informations in each newsletter... and I will remove people that doesn't engage. Thanks for the advise !
airelle
PL Nut

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing