Process Queue Workaround (sort of) Using Auto Refresh

Version 3 Solutions you have discovered or come across should go here. Questions should go in the other three Version 3 forums, thank you.
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Version 3 Solutions you have discovered or come across.

Process Queue Workaround (sort of) Using Auto Refresh

Postby farmrchrys » 2:45pm, Thu 07 Nov, 2013

So I discovered I can't, apparently, process the queue from the command line because phpList is asking for an older version of Zend than the one installed on my shared host :( I was encountering lots of stalls trying to process the queue from the browser, but I am having somewhat better success trying to send 4500 messages on a shared server that restricts me to 200 msgs/hr. this way:

Code: Select all
# Set number of messages per batch period:
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",3);
# batch period in seconds. 3600 seconds =1 hour:
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",50);
# Pause between messages (in seconds) to avoid overloading the server:
define('MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE',1);

I'd still get stalls that required me to manually refresh mywebsite.com/list/admin/?page=processqueue

Google Chrome (and supposedly Firefox) has some auto refresh extensions. I chose "Super Auto Refresh" and set it to refresh the processqueue page every 30 minutes.

Sometimes this goes for several hours. Other times it stops because the session expires. I added
Code: Select all
ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime',86400);

to my config file (that's 24 hours) as per another forum post, but this seems to have no effect.

I'm waiting for information on a patch or phpList upgrade to deal with the Zend issue.
farmrchrys
phpLister

Return to Answers, HowTos, Tips and Tricks