PHPList 3.0.6 HostGator Cron Working Setup

Version 3 Solutions you have discovered or come across should go here. Questions should go in the other three Version 3 forums, thank you.
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Version 3 Solutions you have discovered or come across.

PHPList 3.0.6 HostGator Cron Working Setup

Postby Salsero0563 » 4:59pm, Sat 28 Jun, 2014

For the longest time I was using PHPList v. 2.10 with the wget cron on Hostagator and everything was working perfectly, but the instant I upgraded to 3.0.6 that all stopped. After 26+ hour of research, reading forum posts and a 1-hour telephone conversation with a Hostgator sys admin, finally we managed to find a working solution. I'm posting it here with the hope that it would save some people the headache and endless hours of research.

My config.php reads:
$commandline_users = array(yourhostgatorusername);
define ("MANUALLY_PROCESS_QUEUE",1);
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",0);
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",3600);
define('MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE',8);

The above will send about 450 emails per hour.

I tried several different crons, but this is the one that finally worked:
Code: Select all
*/15 * * * * /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php /home/yourhostgatorusername/public_html/domain.com/lists/admin/index.php -pprocessqueue -c /home/yourhostgatorusername/public_html/domain.com/lists/config/config.php > /home/yourhostgatorusername/public_html/domain.com/lists/admin/process.log 2>&1

Good luck!
Salsero0563
phpList newbie

Re: PHPList 3.0.6 HostGator Cron Working Setup

Postby tarradah » 6:40am, Tue 08 Jul, 2014

Dear Friend,
I really appreciate what you have posted for this matter, because like what you were saying, the endless researches, i am searching since longtime, and i am unable to find the proper solution for it, just i need small clarification from you if you don't mind,
the first step to keep the config.php
$commandline_users = array(yourhostgatorusername); // changing that to the myhosting uersname
& no change in the figures below correct?
define ("MANUALLY_PROCESS_QUEUE",1);
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",0);
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",3600);
define('MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE',8);

without changing the above figures right?
then i apply 3 cronjobs?
*/15 * * * * /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php /home/yourhostgatorusername/public_html/domain.com/lists/admin/index.php -pprocessqueue -c /home/yourhostgatorusername/public_html/domain.com/lists/config/config.php > /home/yourhostgatorusername/public_html/domain.com/lists/admin/process.log 2>&1

please find the below screenshot to see whether what you explained i implemented correctly or no, and instead of putting lists, i have put the phplist directory which is in my host, it is (mail), so is this should work properly? should i put every 15 mins for each of the commands?

my personal email:
removed by moderator
i will be glad if you can inform me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvvkpvixvuq2126/phplist.JPG
tarradah
phpList newbie

Re: PHPList 3.0.6 HostGator Cron Working Setup

Postby duncanc » 7:20am, Tue 08 Jul, 2014

You are misunderstanding the cron command in the earlier post. It is one long command not three commands.
duncanc

Return to Answers, HowTos, Tips and Tricks