Make confirmed immediately?

Questions about Version 3 phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Make confirmed immediately?

Postby jenpen » 2:03am, Wed 21 Aug, 2013

In the old version when mass importing emails I had the option to "Make confirmed immediately" but this option seems to have disappeared in version 3. Will all my new users get a confirmation email?

I looked up the documentation and found Step 13 under subscribing emails: "... you can just check all the boxes and select the 'confirm immediately' radio button.". But there is no "Confirm immediately" radio button.
jenpen
PL Geek

Re: Make confirmed immediately?

Postby duncanc » 9:53am, Wed 21 Aug, 2013

Looking at the code, it appears that new subscribers will be marked as confirmed.
The option to send a confirmation email seems to have been removed (actually just commented out from the code).
duncanc

Postby jenpen » 11:33pm, Sat 24 Aug, 2013

Great! Thanks. Also realised I could have just tested it by uploading my own address - these things occur to me much too late :(

But I'm wondering why I didn't get notified of this response when I had checked "Notify me when a reply is posted"? A bug somewhere?
jenpen
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 12:41am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

In v3 TEST mode is ON by default ... Is that it, maybe :?:
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jenpen » 5:30am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

Really? Maybe that's what's going wrong. How do you turn Test Mode off???
jenpen
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 5:54am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

jenpen wrote:Really? Maybe that's what's going wrong. How do you turn Test Mode off???

In 'config/config.php', around line 207, is an entry. Default is:
Code: Select all
# if test is true (not 0) it will not actually send ANY messages,
# but display what it would have sent
define ("TEST",1);

If you change it to:
# if test is true (not 0) it will not actually send ANY messages,
# but display what it would have sent
define ("TEST",0);

It turns TEST mode off, and allows all email to be sent; including TEST Email, Password Changes, etc, etc ... It is not just for campaigns, as it REALLY means, NO email will be sent!

:wink:

Sven2157

*** EDIT ***
By the way, if I understand your original problem - aren't these options in the 'RECONCILE SUBSCRIBERS' section?
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby duncanc » 6:47am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

Sven2157, you are misunderstanding what jenpen meant.
But I'm wondering why I didn't get notified of this response when I had checked "Notify me when a reply is posted"? A bug somewhere?

She referred to not receiving an email notification from the forum software when I posted my reply to her. Nothing to do with phplist.
duncanc

Postby Sven2157 » 5:07pm, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

duncanc wrote:Sven2157, you are misunderstanding what jenpen meant.

She referred to not receiving an email notification from the forum software when I posted my reply to her. Nothing to do with phplist.

:lol:

That makes a bit more sense ... Come to think of it, I don't get them either. Well ... isn't that 'IRONY' there! A forum for sending emails, doesn't send emails! LOL! :wink:

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jenpen » 10:47pm, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

So it's not just me. At the moment I'm clicking on "View your posts" a few times a day to check if anyone's replied to my questions, as I'm having a few issues with V3. It would be great to get notifications, would save a lot of time.
jenpen
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 1:09am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

@jenpen

Could you look at the bottom left of your browser, and say which image best describes what you see?
  1. Image
  2. Image
  • Image #1 - You are NOT subscribed to the topic; CLICK to subscribe.
  • Image #2 - You ARE subscribed to the topic; CLICK to un-subscribe.

I ask, because I just realized this myself. When I first read it, I assumed that it meant I was already subscribed to the topic; as it had a little check in it. :oops:

:wink:

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jenpen » 4:54am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

Image #2, so I'm subscribed, so I should be getting email notifications, yes?
jenpen
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 4:56am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

jenpen wrote:Image #2, so I'm subscribed, so I should be getting email notifications, yes?

In theory, yes... It's ALL theory Jen! :lol:

I subscribed, and I am not getting mine, either. I will keep looking, as it is usually some overlooked setting.

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jenpen » 6:01am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

Thank you, and I will try to remember to keep checking back here :roll: , in the absence of notifications!
jenpen
PL Geek

Postby dhickey » 5:37am, Fri 30 Aug, 2013

duncanc wrote:Looking at the code, it appears that new subscribers will be marked as confirmed.
The option to send a confirmation email seems to have been removed (actually just commented out from the code).

Sorry but do you mind sharing where in the code I can do this. I don't see it anywhere in config. I would like to mark imported emails as unconfirmed. Thanks so much.
dhickey
phpList newbie

Postby Sven2157 » 6:11pm, Fri 30 Aug, 2013

dhickey wrote:
duncanc wrote:Looking at the code, it appears that new subscribers will be marked as confirmed.

Sorry but do you mind sharing where in the code I can do this. I don't see it anywhere in config. I would like to mark imported emails as unconfirmed. Thanks so much.

LOL! I thought the same thing ... They are talking about the forums( where you are reading this, right now ), not sending notifications of new posts.

But to answer your question: Log into the admin of your list site. Copy the following, and paste it at the end of the url; just after 'admin/':
?page=reconcileusers

So the whole thing should be something like:
http://yourmaillistdomain.com/lists/admin/?page=reconcileusers

Hope that helps! :wink:

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Return to Does phpList do this?