resending confirmation request to unconfirmd users

Questions about Version 3 phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

resending confirmation request to unconfirmd users

Postby mascotje » 10:53pm, Sun 01 Sep, 2013

On the page " /lists/admin/?page=reconcileusers " I can not find a possibility to resend a confirmation mail to users who did't confirm.

I can only delete unconfirmed users and choose a period.

In the 2-version it was both possible, but now in the 3-version I can't find it anymore
mascotje
phpList newbie

Re: resending confirmation request to unconfirmd users

Postby duncanc » 8:51pm, Mon 02 Sep, 2013

It looks like the bulk sending of confirmation emails, such as through the reconcile users page in phplist 2.10.x and also the import pages, has been removed in version 3.

The problem with the bulk sending of confirmation emails was that it was not subject to the batch and throttle settings, and therefore it was possible to exceed hosting send limits.

After a quick look I cannot even see a way of resending a confirmation request email to an individual subscriber.
duncanc

Postby mascotje » 8:06pm, Wed 04 Sep, 2013

duncanc wrote:After a quick look I cannot even see a way of resending a confirmation request email to an individual subscriber.

Neither can I. I've been looking over and over again and even that is not possible.

I see no other way than to go back to the 2-version again :( :(
mascotje
phpList newbie

Postby mmb » 5:14pm, Sat 12 Oct, 2013

There is an error in lists/admin/reconcileusers.php

The code that looks like this at the bottom of the page.
Code: Select all
<?php
/*
<!--form method="get">
<table class="reconcileForm"><tr><td colspan="2">
<?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('To resend the request for confirmation to users who signed up and have not confirmed their subscription')?></td></tr>
<tr><td><?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Date they signed up after')?>:</td><td><?php echo $from->showInput("","",$fromval);?></td></tr>
<tr><td><?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Date they signed up before')?>:</td><td><?php echo $to->showInput("","",$toval);?></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Text to prepend to email')?>:</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><textarea name="prepend" rows="10" cols="60">
<?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get(' Sorry to bother you: we are cleaning up our database and  it appears that you have previously signed up to our mailinglists  and not confirmed your subscription.  We would like to give you the opportunity to re-confirm your  subscription. The instructions on how to confirm are below.   ')?>
</textarea>
</td></tr>
</table>
<input type="hidden" name="page" value="reconcileusers" />
<input type="hidden" name="option" value="resendconfirm" />
<input class="submit" type="submit" value="<?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Click here')?>" /></form-->
*/
?>

needs to be changed to this

Code: Select all
<hr/>
<form method="get">
<table class="reconcileForm"><tr><td colspan="2">
<?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('To resend the request for confirmation to users who signed up and have not confirmed their subscription')?></td></tr>
<tr><td><?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Date they signed up after')?>:</td><td><?php echo $from->showInput("","",$fromval);?></td></tr>
<tr><td><?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Date they signed up before')?>:</td><td><?php echo $to->showInput("","",$toval);?></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Text to prepend to email')?>:</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><textarea name="prepend" rows="10" cols="60">
<?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get(' Sorry to bother you: we are cleaning up our database and  it appears that you have previously signed up to our mailinglists  and not confirmed your subscription.  We would like to give you the opportunity to re-confirm your  subscription. The instructions on how to confirm are below.   ')?>
</textarea>
</td></tr>
</table>
<input type="hidden" name="page" value="reconcileusers" />
<input type="hidden" name="option" value="resendconfirm" />
<input class="submit" type="submit" value="<?php echo $GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Click here')?>" /></form>

You also need to save one copy of reconcileusers.php changed to reconcile.php for the reconcile link work from the dashboard. So you should have two exact copies with two different names.
mmb
phpList newbie

Postby AlanGeorge » 5:28pm, Sat 12 Oct, 2013

Hi

you mean this fix that was posted on Oct 2......

http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=39608&p=97699&hilit=reconcile#p97699

and all wheels are again square.....

regards

Alan
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Postby duncanc » 5:32pm, Sat 12 Oct, 2013

If you really want this functionality, and any other, reinstated into phplist then please raise an issue on Mantis, the issue tracking system https://mantis.phplist.com/view_all_bug_page.php. You will need to register first.

Otherwise you will need to keep reapplying the changes to each new phplist release.
duncanc

Postby mmb » 5:37pm, Sat 12 Oct, 2013

AlanGeorge wrote:Hi

you mean this fix that was posted on Oct 2......

http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=39608&p=97699&hilit=reconcile#p97699

and all wheels are again square.....

regards

Alan

Thats great Alan!! Thanks! You are doing a great job with your site. Unfortuanlty this is my first phplist install and it took serious code debugging to make phplist work... I wont bother to post anymore fixes i encountered as you all with round wheels have it covered! lol
mmb
phpList newbie

Return to Does phpList do this?