How to mass delete users from list

Questions about Version 3 phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

How to mass delete users from list

Postby potiron » 1:57pm, Fri 06 Sep, 2013

Hello

I am using PHPList 3.0.2

I am trying to remove all users from the database (for a reload of the emails).
However I cannot find how to do that in my version.

On the forum I found old discussions saying you have to remove all emails from list, and then after in Subscribers>Manage Subscriber>Reconcile subscribers I can do delete users that are not in any list.
However that does not exist on my screen. There is no option "delete all users who are not subscribed to any list'" :roll: :?:

phplist-screenshot.gif
There is no option "delete all users who are not subscribed to any list'"
phplist-screenshot.gif (21.22 KiB) Viewed 6866 times
potiron
PL Nut

Re: How to mass delete users from list

Postby Sven2157 » 4:39pm, Fri 06 Sep, 2013

Sven2157
PL Master

Postby potiron » 8:13pm, Fri 06 Sep, 2013

Yes, I know.

But the fact is that there is no simple way like in 2.19 where I could simply run "delete all users who are not subscribed to any list".

I wonder why such very handy things have disappear in 3.0.2... (same as delete messages).
potiron
PL Nut

Postby AlanGeorge » 8:25pm, Fri 06 Sep, 2013

Hi All

yes it is indeed strange that useful features from the earlier releases appear to have evaporated in this latest version. Someone will provide a hack in time but for now there is a hack available that will switch on the Delete and Edit Message functions that went walk-about....

Have a look at

http://www.alangeorge-photography.com/listCode_3x.php

You may find something useful......

Have fun out there......

Regards

Alan
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 8:43pm, Fri 06 Sep, 2013

potiron wrote:Yes, I know.

But the fact is that there is no simple way like in 2.19 where I could simply run "delete all users who are not subscribed to any list".

I wonder why such very handy things have disappear in 3.0.2... (same as delete messages).

Ok, but that is not what your first post says, and the tutorial I provided is as simple as it gets. No need to HACK anything ... :roll:

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby potiron » 9:34pm, Fri 06 Sep, 2013

Sven2157 wrote:Ok, but that is not what your first post says, and the tutorial I provided is as simple as it gets. No need to HACK anything ... :roll:

Sven2157

Nope, it does not work well for me (I have attribute etc...) and it's time consuming and requires Notepad++, while it could be a simple button, or link, like in 2.19... :(
potiron
PL Nut

Postby potiron » 9:54pm, Fri 06 Sep, 2013

AlanGeorge wrote:for now there is a hack available that will switch on the Delete and Edit Message functions that went walk-about....

Thanks, yes I have already implemented it :-)
potiron
PL Nut

Postby potiron » 10:23pm, Fri 06 Sep, 2013

I had a look in admin/reconcileuser.php and apparently all the previous options are commented:
Code: Select all
print '<ul class="reconcile">';
#echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=nolists",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Delete all subscribers who are not subscribed to any list")).'</li>';
#echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=invalidemail",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Find users who have an invalid email")).'</li>';
#echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=adduniqid",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Make sure that all users have a UniqID")).'</li>';
#echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=markinvalidunconfirmed",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Mark all users with an invalid email as unconfirmed")).'</li>';
#echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=deleteinvalidemail",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Delete users who have an invalid email")).'</li>';
echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=markallhtml",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Mark all subscribers to receive HTML")).'</li>';
echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=markalltext",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Mark all subscribers to receive text")).'</li>';
#echo '<li>'.$GLOBALS['I18N']->get('To try to (automatically)').' '. PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=fixinvalidemail",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Fix emails for users who have an invalid email")).'</li>';
#echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=removestaleentries",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Remove Stale entries from the database")).'</li>';
#echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=mergeduplicates",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Merge Duplicate Users")).'</li>';
print '</ul>';

So I have just uncommented the first one to fix the issue:
Code: Select all
echo '<li>'.PageLinkButton("reconcileusers&amp;option=nolists",$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Delete all subscribers who are not subscribed to any list")).'</li>';

I tested and it worked very well :-)
potiron
PL Nut

Return to Does phpList do this?