Sending mass mail from alternate server

Questions about Version 3 phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Sending mass mail from alternate server

Postby BlueSpaces » 5:32am, Fri 21 Nov, 2014

Hi,

We have two servers. ServerA is our main email and webserver, mydomain.com. ServerB is a secondary server that also has a mail server installed, and phplist, news.mydomain.com.

I would like to send a mass mail from ServerB, and I want it to process bounces, but I want customer replies to the mass mail to come to our sales@mydomain.com inbox on ServerA.

How should I set this up?

Andrew
BlueSpaces
phpLister

Re: Sending mass mail from alternate server

Postby Cornwell » 8:35pm, Sat 22 Nov, 2014

Your config file will set where the bounces go, look at the settings under
Settings for handling bounces
Replies will go to the "From" address as specified when you send the campaign. You can put the name it comes from before the email address, e.g.
Bluespaces Sales sales@mydomain.com

Roger
Cornwell
PL Geek

Postby BlueSpaces » 8:22am, Sun 23 Nov, 2014

Thanks.

Now I guess my related question is, if I send an email from sales@new.mydomain.com but I have sales@mydomain.com in the FROM or REPLY-TO header, does that have more of a chance of being flagged as spam?

I read that having a different domain there would get it flagged as spam more often, but maybe a different subdomain is ok?

Andrew
BlueSpaces
phpLister

Postby Aliraza08 » 10:18am, Fri 02 Jan, 2015

I'll openh my own thread if it is better, but this is closely related.

I have students that get added to a List for updates. I send a "Thank You" message as a campaign to them. Next month there is another bunch of students (maybe 30) to be added to the list, and I want to send the same Thank You to them -testking 1z0-058 exam but NOT to the ones who have already received it.

The same would apply in future updates - sending to those on the list currently, and potentially again to those who get added later so they get the info - but NOT to those who have already received.

Last edited by Aliraza08 on 4:13pm, Thu 15 Jan, 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Aliraza08
phpList newbie

Postby Cornwell » 12:40pm, Fri 02 Jan, 2015

This would have been better in a separate thread, IMHO :)

However... just requeue the original thank-you message and then process the queue. It's a basic feature of phpList that once somebody has received a message they will not get it a second time. It's important therefore that you do not copy your thank-you message as a new campaign, but send the original (with the same number) again.
Cornwell
PL Geek

Return to Does phpList do this?