Resend Email template every week for a blog mailer?

Questions about Version 3 phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Resend Email template every week for a blog mailer?

Postby citizen25 » 12:16am, Mon 26 Jan, 2015

I could do this in ver 2.x but not working same way in 3.x

I have a customer that does a blog every week and wants a message sent every week automatically to which the code is the same every week (it pulls data from the blog) saying that this blog is updated

Question I need to find out how to send this same email out to everyone in the mailing list every week.
in ver 2.x i just set it to requeue at 1 week time frame however now in version 3.x the recue only sends it to the people that did not get it the first time
how can i change the settings recue the same message once a week to allow to everyone on mailing list every time instead of copying the code each week and scheduling it again manually
citizen25
phpLister

Re: Resend Email template every week for a blog mailer?

Postby duncanc » 5:27am, Mon 26 Jan, 2015

You probably want to use the "repetition" function, not "resend". This will create a new message by copying the previous one, and so that will be sent to the full list.
You can enable this in config.php
Code: Select all
# Repetition. This adds the option to repeat the same message in the future.
# After the message has been sent, this option will cause the system to automatically
# create a new message with the same content. Be careful with it, because you may
# send the same message to your users
# the embargo of the message will be increased with the repetition interval you choose
# also read the README.repetition for more info
define('USE_REPETITION',0);

duncanc

Re: Resend Email template every week for a blog mailer?

Postby citizen25 » 1:22pm, Mon 26 Jan, 2015

Thank you that does match the description of what I was looking for now I just need to wait and make sure it does what I told it to do.

Thank you vary much.
citizen25
phpLister

Return to Does phpList do this?