Two (or more) receivers

Questions about Version 3 phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Two (or more) receivers

Postby bonne » 8:21am, Thu 05 Mar, 2015

The situation is like this:

A system is generating a csv file contain various placeholders and two receiving email addresses.

Is is possible to have phpList to merge and send emails to two receivers based on one csv row? And if so, is it also possible to have various placeholders in these mails?

The way we are trying to solve it is by manually copy and pasting the correct columns into two lists, but as this might introduce errors (as it is done manually), an automated process would be preferred.

The system producing the list is not capable of producing the seperated two lists itself.

Regards, Lars.
bonne
phpLister

Re: Two (or more) receivers

Postby duncanc » 11:07am, Thu 05 Mar, 2015

I'm not sure that I fully understand what you are trying to do but you could import the file twice.

The phplist import process lets you select which additional columns to import and which to ignore. So you might be able to import the file once selecting the placeholders for the first email address, then import the file a second time selecting the placeholders for the second email address.
You will need to edit the file so that the column heading "email" applies to the first or second email address column.
duncanc

Re: Two (or more) receivers

Postby bonne » 11:20am, Thu 05 Mar, 2015

duncanc wrote:I'm not sure that I fully understand what you are trying to do but you could import the file twice.

The phplist import process lets you select which additional columns to import and which to ignore. So you might be able to import the file once selecting the placeholders for the first email address, then import the file a second time selecting the placeholders for the second email address.
You will need to edit the file so that the column heading "email" applies to the first or second email address column.

Good point - that is a nice workaround.

Although I would like to just import it once if possible - and then have two receiver placeholders - like email1 and email2. (and have the merged mail go to both email1 and email2)

Regards, Lars.
bonne
phpLister

Return to Does phpList do this?