What feature would you like next

Things you'd like to see in phpList

What feature would you like next

Click through tracking (clicks on links in emails are counted)
20%
Multi Language support (subscribe pages, messages etc in multiple languages)
11%
Statistics/Graphs or subscriptions, emails etc
13%
Dynamic retrieval of contents of emails ([URL:http://somesite])
7%
Blacklisting unsubscribed users, so they can't be re-subscribed
5%
Send Emails in batches (eg 10 every hour)
17%
Date attribute for users that can be used to invoke an email
4%
Forgot password system for encrypted passwords
3%
More flexible frontend design
21%

Total votes : 270

NOT criteria

Postby Koert » 2:18pm, Fri 02 Apr, 2004

I am really happy with PHPlists, but just in the back of my mind I had hoped for a "NOT criteria" for example :
send the mailing list to all, but NOT to mrsYellow@example.com and mrBlue@example.com
Or
send mailing list to all, but NOT people living in Greenland.
Is something like that possible?
Anyways thanks for your efforts for sharing PHPlists with us!
Koert
phpList newbie

Postby colin » 4:04pm, Fri 02 Apr, 2004

#1 - batches
#2 - click through tracking

i want to make sure to note that the unsubscribe blacklisting should be an option that can be en/dis-abled. while it might be useful for some, i definitely want users to come and go as they please on my list.

also, could you let us know what you decide to work on? it will be helpful to my development planning.

thanks so much for your work!
colin
phpList newbie

Votes

Postby nick » 7:26am, Sat 03 Apr, 2004

Thanks for asking us and keep on working on this script.

In my case, I lilke all ideas but the priority would be
1. click through,
2. multi language
3. More flexible frontend design
4. Send Emails in batches

followed by the rest.

If you need any translation into :arrow: german, send me an email.

Best regard Nick
nick
phpList newbie

Re: NOT criteria

Postby aj » 8:38am, Sat 03 Apr, 2004

#1 =
Koert wrote:I am really happy with PHPlists, but just in the back of my mind I had hoped for a "NOT criteria" for example :
send the mailing list to all, but NOT to mrsYellow@example.com and mrBlue@example.com
Or
send mailing list to all, but NOT people living in Greenland.
Is something like that possible?
Anyways thanks for your efforts for sharing PHPlists with us!

I realize this isn't in the criteria list, but is the single most important new feature that I need.

#2 batch processing

#3 front end design
#4 documentation
aj
PL Nut

Postby Meza » 12:37pm, Sat 03 Apr, 2004

Something that would be really *really* useful to my website is blacklisting, or 'safe unsubscribe' as some places call it, I think.

We collect email addresses from many different areas of our site, some are in text files, form submissions etc. I put them in a program that sorts out the doubles and we import them every week. Thing is, if someone was imported a while ago, and then unsubscribes - when we do the next import they get added *back* onto the mailing list.

I would like it so that when someone unsubscribes it puts a 'black mark' next to their email in the DB so they can't be accidentally re-subscribed when we import our next batch of email addresses.

So essentialy a blacklist of emails to say DO NOT send to these addresses.

That would be great.
Meza
phpLister

Send Emails in batches (eg 10 every hour)

Postby halyfax » 4:52pm, Sat 03 Apr, 2004

Send Emails in batches (eg 10 every hour) !!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE!! being on a shared server the only way phplist can be used if for small lists as it eats up to much of the server. Otherwise a wonderful script!!
halyfax
phpLister

Attachments

Postby droom » 2:17am, Sun 04 Apr, 2004

I have not got attachents to work; it could be me; if not, this would be useful. i would also like click through recording!
droom
phpLister

Re: My priority

Postby michiel » 5:54pm, Wed 07 Apr, 2004

hellertech wrote:the ability to eduit the text of a message after it has been submitted (in the even that you realize there is a typo or a formatting issue)

That's already possible
hellertech wrote:the ability to export one list at a time rather than all users.

That's possible as well.
michiel
Admin

Re: My priority

Postby pbartecki » 8:45pm, Sun 11 Apr, 2004

Many, many thanks for great application!! ;)

I'm putting all my votes to better multilanguage support ie. we need to handle several newsletter in few different languages/charsets (cyrylic, eastern european, etc.) So what's needed is an easy way to change charset of messages one prepares for sending.

Next thing would be easy locale switching in user area..
pbartecki
phpList newbie

I know it's not an option but...

Postby robalan » 8:10pm, Fri 30 Apr, 2004

multiple admin reply-to addresses so that we can use one instance of phplist for all clients w/o having the same address for all of them... seems like this should have been added a long time ago, no?
robalan
PL Nut

Postby rcollett » 8:16pm, Sat 15 May, 2004

I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thougt I'd point it out.... I'd like to be able to insert my own php code into the Header and Footer for the subscribe pages. This way, I could use include() lines that points to the header and footer that the rest of my site uses. As it is now, I have to copy the header and footer into PHP list, and it becomes static. If I change something in my sites header, then I have to make that same change in the header stored in PHPlist.
rcollett
phpList newbie

Sounds ideal to me...

Postby gavincowie » 9:35pm, Mon 28 Jun, 2004

rcollett wrote:I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thougt I'd point it out.... I'd like to be able to insert my own php code into the Header and Footer for the subscribe pages. This way, I could use include() lines that points to the header and footer that the rest of my site uses. As it is now, I have to copy the header and footer into PHP list, and it becomes static. If I change something in my sites header, then I have to make that same change in the header stored in PHPlist.

I know it would be a Significant change to the codebase, but using Smarty template for phplist would make such changes... easier?

Right now I'm StaticBoy as well...

G
gavincowie
phpList newbie

File Upload capability...

Postby eddavis » 8:43am, Thu 14 Oct, 2004

I'd love to have the ability to allow my new members to upload their images and other files when submitting their application as I use the PHPlist as a membership appliction for my site.
eddavis
phpLister

opt-in

Postby wazoo » 6:03pm, Fri 15 Oct, 2004

one thing i would like to see is one click subscription, some of the bigger e-commerce places use them. like if i send an email to mailing list a and at the bottom it says "click here to subscribe to list b" and when this person clicks they dont have to fill in their email again. some places also call this opt-in, a very usefull tool for advertising. maybe its already there and i just missed it.
wazoo
phpList newbie

Postby mediamezcla » 6:47pm, Sat 26 Mar, 2005

This thread is a year old. Have some of these features been implemented since then? If so, which ones?
mediamezcla
phpList newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Wish-list