What feature would you like next

Things you'd like to see in phpList

What feature would you like next

Click through tracking (clicks on links in emails are counted)
20%
Multi Language support (subscribe pages, messages etc in multiple languages)
11%
Statistics/Graphs or subscriptions, emails etc
13%
Dynamic retrieval of contents of emails ([URL:http://somesite])
7%
Blacklisting unsubscribed users, so they can't be re-subscribed
5%
Send Emails in batches (eg 10 every hour)
17%
Date attribute for users that can be used to invoke an email
4%
Forgot password system for encrypted passwords
3%
More flexible frontend design
21%

Total votes : 270

Well, Digests, if this project is still alive even??

Postby zaz » 12:53pm, Tue 01 Nov, 2005

I would like to see Digests, so, an option for people to receive the days emails in one email.

Is this project still alive? I sure hope so.
zaz
phpList newbie

Suppress List & Closed List Features

Postby rob_harrigan » 7:20pm, Thu 09 Feb, 2006

What I could really use is the ability to upload a suppression list (emails in a text file) for a given message, if the email is in the list don't send it to that address. This will help compky with the CAN SPAM act.

Another feature I would like to see, is the ability to mark a list as private/closed. This would prevent someone from subscribing, but would allow that person to unsubscribe via the preferences page.

I have written some code to partially implement these features if anyone is interested in testing.
rob_harrigan
phpList newbie

Postby bevan » 4:29pm, Fri 10 Feb, 2006

PHPlist wasn't ever really meant for high-volume mailings high volume frequency i mean), and certainly not many-to-many type lists. It is a one-to-many ditribution type list. Which means that 'digests' aren't really a commonly wanted feature. There is a similar function for RSS to Email. Perhaps that will provide a solution for you.
bevan
PL Master

At the risk sounding like a bleating sheep...

Postby polarisky » 3:17pm, Thu 20 Apr, 2006

I have seen numerous times throughout this forum many people (myself included) asking for the ability to "post to a list through an email message".
polarisky
phpList newbie

RSS FEED

Postby shafraz » 5:04am, Thu 27 Apr, 2006

GUYS WHAT ABOUT RSS FEED TO BE INTEGRATED TO THE PHPLIST ADMIN. THIS IS A VERY USEFUL FEATURE!
shafraz
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 11:25pm, Sun 14 May, 2006

This thread is a year old. Have some of these features been implemented since then? If so, which ones?

Check the "PHPlist - Change Log" to see what has been implemented till now and what will be in the next release: http://mantis.phplist.com/changelog_page.php
H2B2

Postby BCTech » 6:35pm, Wed 16 Aug, 2006

We need VERP - Variable Envelope Return Path. With spam problems always increasing, many service providers are now requiring use of VERP to improve opt-out and spam complaint resolution. More on VERP here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_e ... eturn_path

- Oshyan
BCTech
phpList newbie

Postby AniG » 1:01pm, Mon 21 Aug, 2006

I would like to see the email batching and throttling improved. Right now when sending re-confirmation messages to lots of unconfirmed users, it doesn't seem to use the throttling settings in the config.php file. I use a daily cron to fire the processqueue job. I have seen that if I use MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE and MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD along with MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE in v2.10.2, it tends to screw up the cron, since that only runs once per day. The cron I use is a lynx dump of the processqueue..

Why isn't throttling working when sending out re-confirm requests (reconcile users page)? What happens when a whole bunch of users are imported into the list, and send confirmation is used? I wonder if throttling works then.

Throttling works fine when sending out mailers using the processqueue job...

anyone?

There should be a global throttle/batch option which are followed by all mailing/sending operations by any processes started by phplist i think..
AniG
PL Nut

Postby livingfree » 12:54am, Mon 12 Feb, 2007

I'd like to know why, because there is such an apparent need, there has been no sequential autoresponder officially included as part of PHPlist?
livingfree

Postby Andrei » 9:12pm, Fri 02 Mar, 2007

Well I am by no means a programmer, but my feeling is that there are plenty of buggy behaviors in the existing version to worry about adding new features.

just my 2c
Andrei
phpLister

Postby OmanLegend » 9:57pm, Sat 10 Mar, 2007

I'd really like an autoresponder functionality. It's by far the single piece of functionality that I need. I am on shared hosting and understand that I can do a plugin, but there's no clear documentation (that I can find).

Thanks.
OmanLegend
phpList newbie

Postby dimeco » 7:43pm, Wed 11 Apr, 2007

a critical one being overlooked!!

a PERSONALIZATION in the subject - one that actually works with the newer versions?
dimeco
phpList newbie

Re: Front-end Flexibility Not Necessary

Postby wee32 » 6:41pm, Mon 21 May, 2007

The flexible-front-end design option got lots of votes, but it is really unnecessary. The first time I set up PHPList I thought it was hard to integrate into my site.

But this time, because I'm using Typo3 and forced to find a different way, I learned how to integrate the registration into an existing page --> which is much better for nearly everything I would do, design-wise.

Maybe the documentation should include this as one of two options, instead of something you have to figure out on your own, for PHP-Newbies? That gives you all the flexibility you need.

wee32
wee32
phpList newbie

Re: Front-end Flexibility Not Necessary

Postby H2B2 » 7:46pm, Mon 21 May, 2007

wee32 wrote:The flexible-front-end design option got lots of votes, but it is really unnecessary. The first time I set up PHPList I thought it was hard to integrate into my site.

But this time, because I'm using Typo3 and forced to find a different way, I learned how to integrate the registration into an existing page --> which is much better for nearly everything I would do, design-wise.

Maybe the documentation should include this as one of two options, instead of something you have to figure out on your own, for PHP-Newbies? That gives you all the flexibility you need.

You may have missed this documentation page: http://docs.phplist.com/CustomSubscribeForm
H2B2

Remove double opt-in

Postby realtor » 1:20am, Wed 30 May, 2007

My two cents worth:

Definitely need the option to disable the double opt-in process on a per-list basis. This is essential for certain types of lists, which would otherwise mean the use of PHPList is inappropriate in these situations.

Another point is the php code is an awful mess. There really needs to be some serious tidying up, more commenting and standardisation here.
realtor
phpList newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Wish-list