What feature would you like next

Things you'd like to see in phpList

What feature would you like next

Click through tracking (clicks on links in emails are counted)
20%
Multi Language support (subscribe pages, messages etc in multiple languages)
11%
Statistics/Graphs or subscriptions, emails etc
13%
Dynamic retrieval of contents of emails ([URL:http://somesite])
7%
Blacklisting unsubscribed users, so they can't be re-subscribed
5%
Send Emails in batches (eg 10 every hour)
17%
Date attribute for users that can be used to invoke an email
4%
Forgot password system for encrypted passwords
3%
More flexible frontend design
21%

Total votes : 270

Reminder to confirm

Postby NewView » 1:36pm, Sun 04 Nov, 2007

I have a LOT of newbies signing up for my lists and are unfamiliar with the confirmed opt-in approach to signing up. I'd like to see a couple things added:

1) The ability to tell phpList to send a "reminder" to confirm after X number of days.
2) to delete all unconfirmed users who have been sent a reminder after x number of days.
NewView
phpLister

Re: Reminder to confirm

Postby H2B2 » 7:20pm, Sun 04 Nov, 2007

NewView wrote:1) The ability to tell phpList to send a "reminder" to confirm after X number of days.
2) to delete all unconfirmed users who have been sent a reminder after x number of days.
Both features already exist. Take a look at the 'reconcile users' page:
* Resend the request for confirmation to users who signed up and have not confirmed their subscription You can specify a date range and a text to prepend to the confirmation request message.
* Delete users who signed up and have not confirmed their subscription. You can specify a date range.
Ref: http://docs.phplist.com/ReconcileUsersInfo
H2B2

Re: Reminder to confirm

Postby NewView » 5:29pm, Mon 05 Nov, 2007

H2B2 wrote:Both features already exist.
I'm talking about "automagically". For instance, set options in a config file or some such and never have to do it manually again.

Example:
1) I set the option to send a "reminder" after 30 days to each subscriber who has not confirmed.
2) I set another option to delete every subscriber who has been sent a "reminder" 30 days AFTER that reminder has been sent.
NewView
phpLister

A Feature That I would like to see.

Postby Guest » 11:03am, Sun 18 Nov, 2007

michiel, I would really love to see an auto update option for phplist. Either in the form of a plugin or as an option in the admin panel.

Autoresponder

Postby erbuc » 12:42pm, Thu 03 Jan, 2008

I would love to see an Auto-responder integrated. I know there are some out there for PHP List but there is little support and no instructions for installing.
erbuc
phpList newbie

Postby ljvd » 2:48pm, Thu 10 Jan, 2008

I love the idea of a smarty integration for the mail content ...
ljvd
phpList newbie

Re: What feature would you like next

Postby deafdavid » 6:32pm, Sat 20 Jun, 2009

This seems to be outdated. Could the moderator create a new Post? Thanks.
deafdavid
PL Nut

Postby pastorKev » 7:27pm, Sun 02 Aug, 2009

I would like to be able to manually add someone to the blacklist.

I have set up through AOL so that they notify me when someone reports an email as SPAM, and send me a copy of the email that generated the complaint. They obfuscate the email address, however, the dynamic link created in the outbound newsletter allows me to identify the email address involved.

In literally every case where these reports occur, the person has not unsubscribed, and despite having gone through the double opt-in process to get the newsletter, they still report it as SPAM when it arrives!

I have tried clicking on the unsubscribe link in their newsletter for them, so as to unsubscribe them and add them to the blacklist. However, this results in them getting an additional email message from the system, which they very often will also report as SPAM! So for now, I simply delete them, but this allows them to re-subscribe at some later date, which I would like to avoid. If they are going to report my newsletter as SPAM, I don't want them to get it. I don't need the problems it can cause with getting my email delivered.
pastorKev
phpLister

Postby ayoubpats » 8:59am, Mon 01 Feb, 2010

Hi Guys

am a newbye to phplist .i was wondering if it is possible
to send same email to different users of the list on different dates .can it be automated and the user will get the email on that particular date.
i was thinking of making an attribute field with date for user and phplist will send an email
on that date to the user.

regards

Rida
ayoubpats
phpLister

Postby GazOutEast » 9:30am, Fri 01 Oct, 2010

phpLIST functions have come along in leaps and bounds since this thread was created, but the one glaring omission is the ability to easily change the front end (and the back end) appearance and fit the styling to match a parent site.

The reason is simple - phpLIST still relies almost completely on nested tables. These need to be (almost) completely deprecated in favour of css standardisation around <div> formatting.

Additionally, there are almost no class and ID style names set in the existing css of page layup - again this makes it a mammoth task to understand which elements are where (and on a completely selfish note - for those of us on Plesk controlled servers - trying to fix this styling issue is a complete pain in the rear end, as Plesk does not correctly honour multiple file edits open simultaneously in file manager).

I would say that for v3.x of phpLIST, the NUMBER ONE priority is to get the styles system brought in line with a system like WordPress's (even osCommerce is doing this for v3.x) - this will then allow a whole new user/developer group to join phpLIST and raise both awareness and quality by developing open source visualisation themes for it.

Imagine - with a correctly set up div-based theme-ing system, you could perform front end customisations in minutes, such as including the last X RSS items (with thumbnail images) next to, or under, the list subscription link / description on subscribe pages - that's just one simple example, there are countless benefits to using that route.

Gaz
If it's fixed, I can break it
GazOutEast
PL Geek

Postby mrmckoy » 6:24pm, Thu 07 Oct, 2010

GazOutEast wrote:phpLIST functions have come along in leaps and bounds since this thread was created, but the one glaring omission is the ability to easily change the front end (and the back end) appearance and fit the styling to match a parent site.
Gaz

This guy is speaking the truth... Phplist needs to be improved. Building a better mail spooler to use more then one smtp server would speed up sending and lower server load.

CSS improvement is a must...!
mrmckoy
PL Master

Postby nakins » 7:29pm, Thu 11 Nov, 2010

I'm in the more flexible front end camp as I just started using PHPlist.

I have integrated the subscribe pages into an iframe on my site at sanitynetwork.org. I started out trying to us code from the subscribe page into a static html page for the iframe. but after I had made changes to the attributes I wanted, that page quit working. I had added some javascript to the "success" page so that it wwould show for a few seconds and then load something else. It all got messed up.

Long story short, what is set up to be received by an email client should be separate from what is setup to be displayed on a web page, as far as what a user gets and sees. Also, I think that each web based user page should be created/coded independently of the others without is having to share code used on other pages.
nakins
phpList newbie

Postby mrmckoy » 1:14am, Wed 01 Dec, 2010

A better interface for editing templates would be nice. And the ability to create and install 'themes'.

Fixing the 'RSS scheduled send' feature would be nice since that hasn't worked since 2.09.
mrmckoy
PL Master

Postby mrmckoy » 2:02pm, Thu 09 Jun, 2011

I'd love for scheduling of RSS feeds to work. Only reported it two years ago...

Also updating the smtp mailer class would be nice. Its deprecated (and inefficient) for more than two years now.
mrmckoy
PL Master

Postby Craxx » 2:54pm, Tue 20 Sep, 2011

I think for me and many other users it would be great that ALL Messages send to will sen in HTML, also subscribe, unscribe, system messages etc....
Sending txt messages is not nice.

YES i know that i can modify some files to do that. Last time i did it was 2010 and it works. Now i updatet to 2.10.16 and i forgot all the things and i have no time to read and meke it again.
So please implement HTML Messages in EVERY Message!!

best regards
Craxx;)
Craxx
PL Nut

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Wish-list