[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - Why are my messages being marked as spam

Why are my messages being marked as spam

Start here! No need to ask twice :)

Why are my messages being marked as spam

Postby H2B2 » 11:54pm, Tue 28 Oct, 2008

phpList | | | |
H2B2

Postby Guest » 12:40pm, Wed 21 Jan, 2009

Hi H2B2

Very interesting post, is taking some time to work through but as someone using Google Apps I came across the following that may be of interest to others.

In relation to the setting up of abuse and postmaster accounts, these are already set up by Google which they apparantly monitor. Therefore the abuse and postmaster addresses are reserved aliases that can't be used to create new users or nicknames.

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/ans ... swer=33389

regards
jmids

Postby Gary Winnick » 6:17am, Fri 13 Feb, 2009

There is nothing you can add to a spam message to make it not spam. Spam is not about CONTENT, it is about CONSENT.

If your member does not have the consent of the receiving party, it is spam and should be reported. This looks like a contact update business. I get these type of mesages all the time for people who I have never met. My CEO gets them from people who attended a speech he made. All of them are reported as spam.

If the message headers do not clearly identify the member sending the invitation, it will likely be seen as spam and reported. I only look at the sender, subject and first couple lines of the message (as viewed in webmail) to determine the bulk of my spam. Anything questionable, I do a closer look.
Gary Winnick
phpList newbie

Re: Why are my messages being marked as spam

Postby caramel1982 » 11:02am, Fri 22 May, 2009

Thanks for this post. It is very informational. I have a mailing lists and sometimes my emails to them are considered as a spam even if those are legitimate email. I really appreciated this forum because I learned a lot. Now, for sure I will no longer be considered as a spammer.

Regards,
Caramel
caramel1982
phpList newbie

Postby Slimey » 6:04pm, Thu 09 Jul, 2009

thanks for this, previously I had ignored the RFC complience, which got me marked as spam
Slimey
PL Nut

Postby corey26 » 1:57am, Tue 29 Sep, 2009

Im starting to think that some of my business emails are being flagged as well. What steps would I need to take to ensure that they are getting to the intended target and not being deleted or flagged?
corey26
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 11:08pm, Tue 02 Feb, 2010

phpList | | | |
H2B2

Postby indidginus » 11:46am, Sun 18 Apr, 2010

Thanks a lot for the informative post. I've got a question about the Check your Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration section. I made use of http://www.lookupserver.com to check my settings & these were the results:

FORWARD DNS LOOKUP www.deviantdidg.com IP = 193.202.110.149

REVERSE DNS LOOKUP 193.202.110.149 = srv149.one.com

I'm not sure however if that is a good or bad result! In the reverse dns lookup should I expect to see www.deviantdidg.com instead of srv149.one.com?
indidginus
PL Nut

Postby JamesK » 6:29pm, Fri 14 May, 2010

This is the best thread that i've read on this subject. Thank you. The word "spam" has always kinda scared me as I don't ever want to be called a spammer and have my accounts shut down.
JamesK
phpList newbie

Postby lexi82 » 12:49pm, Thu 20 May, 2010

With the hotmail account its not that bad, it manages my spam e-mail pretty well.
lexi82
phpList newbie

Postby bigloser » 1:15pm, Tue 01 Jun, 2010

I usually had my messages marked as spam though i'm not spamming. I do really have a hard time on this. Your post gives more ideas as how not to have messages marked as a spam.
bigloser
phpList newbie

Postby agrassoh » 1:38pm, Tue 01 Jun, 2010

Hello,

I had the same problem, but after creating these two e-mail account :
admin@yourdomain.com and abuse@yourdomain.com

I could find a solution to this problem, but I don't if it works for you.

Good Luck.
agrassoh
phpList newbie

Postby myrawalker » 7:16pm, Mon 07 Jun, 2010

I was actually facing this problem. However, this time, i think i can get over it. I need to work on these instructions.
myrawalker
phpList newbie

Postby bestaffiliateprogram » 2:19pm, Sun 13 Jun, 2010

Quite frequently i face this problem and don't know how to deal with it. I have always seen this problem when i try to insert email in html format when i use a lot of images.

So, recently i found that if i try to use plain text syntax then i have almost 80% success rate.

Regards
Rupali
bestaffiliateprogram
phpList newbie

Postby livyluv22 » 7:41pm, Wed 23 Jun, 2010

using simple syntax has helped me alot. Also not sending too many messages in a short time.
livyluv22
phpList newbie

Next

Return to Frequently Asked Questions