how do i get rid of the powered by image

Start here! No need to ask twice :)

how do i get rid of the powered by image

Postby chicagoanimation » 4:53am, Mon 20 Feb, 2006

i want to get rid of the powered by PHP LIst image on the bottom of the subscribe page.
chicagoanimation
phpList newbie

Postby Lollypop » 5:59pm, Thu 23 Feb, 2006

I'm new to this too and have just sussed this one out !

In the config.php file there is an option under the Feedback to developers section that allows you to remove the PHPList images in the html emails and public webpages (inc subscribe page). Set both these options to 1 and you'll end up with just a text link credit to PHP/TinCan rather than the images.

(Of course this needs to be edited in Frontpage/Dreamweaver or html editor of your choice, and then uploaded back to your server; just as you would have done initially when you made changes to the config.php file)

Good Luck, hope this helps.
Lollypop
phpLister

How to get rid of the powered by logo

Postby mibcons » 4:03am, Sun 07 May, 2006

I have looked at the LOGO and have thought about it. I gladly leave it there. When I drive my Truck it says with big letters GMC, My car says Mercury and my Van says Ford. I paid for those items, this one is for free (donations seems to be welcomed)

Honour where honour is due.

Michel
mibcons
phpList newbie

PHP-list links put your message on spam list

Postby timor » 4:57pm, Mon 08 May, 2006

I would like to give honor to the one who did a hard work and gave this beautiful peace of work free to humankind. However I have removed the PHP-List logo and link because if I leave it all my messages will be on spam list and they do not reach subscribers.

Please remove this in the next version.
timor
phpList newbie

Re: PHP-list links put your message on spam list

Postby BUGabundo » 10:48am, Fri 02 Jun, 2006

timor wrote:I would like to give honor to the one who did a hard work and gave this beautiful peace of work free to humankind. However I have removed the PHP-List logo and link because if I leave it all my messages will be on spam list and they do not reach subscribers.

Please remove this in the next version.

Come again?
what is making your mailnglist go to SPAM box IS NOT the PHPlist logo. that I assure you.
I have a malinglist with more than 1800 emails, and when it goes to SPAM, is if some user reports it as SPAM instead of removing im self
BUGabundo
PL Nut

Postby H2B2 » 2:29am, Fri 09 Jun, 2006

I agree with BUGabundo. And another reason why mail frequently ends up in the spam box is a badly configured mailserver and domain. Try testing your domain/rDNS etc. at http://dnsreport.com and see whether it comes out well...
H2B2

Postby Hernol » 1:40pm, Fri 09 Jun, 2006

Yes, nice tool, thanks!
Hernol
Admin

No spam response.... you have to be kidding!

Postby jurycom » 5:39am, Thu 24 Aug, 2006

So you think that a footer such as

...powered by PHPList

is not going to evoke a strong spam resonse even when the mail is not spam?

You're deluding yourselves.

Jurycom
jurycom
phpList newbie

Re: No spam response.... you have to be kidding!

Postby BUGabundo » 10:43am, Thu 24 Aug, 2006

jurycom wrote:So you think that a footer such as

...powered by PHPList

is not going to evoke a strong spam resonse even when the mail is not spam?

You're deluding yourselves.

Jurycom

prove to us them
i dont have had any trouble with my instalations.
even running spam filters on my inbox
BUGabundo
PL Nut