[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - phplist scrambles my messages

phplist scrambles my messages

Start here! No need to ask twice :)

phplist scrambles my messages

Postby michiel » 5:44pm, Tue 08 Aug, 2006

michiel
Admin

Postby dleigh » 6:25am, Fri 01 Sep, 2006

Is there any kind of "code hack" we could apply while we wait for 2.10.3?

Thanks!

EDIT - I'm experiencing this with messages that are stored in WordPress that I'm sending as email using the [URL:http://message.url] as opposed to a message composed in FCKEditor in PHPList. Don't know if that makes a difference with respect to the bug report in Mantis...though I imagine it's all the same problem.
dleigh
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 3:14pm, Wed 08 Nov, 2006

phpList | | | |
H2B2

Postby H2B2 » 2:45am, Fri 23 Mar, 2007

phpList | | | |
H2B2

Postby neerajag » 6:38pm, Fri 11 Apr, 2008

Thanks H2B2, thanks for providing these links. This is exactly what i was looking for..
neerajag
phpList newbie

Re: phplist scrambles my messages

Postby mtu1969 » 2:37pm, Tue 15 Dec, 2009

Long time seeking for solution but now i got it :-)

Found the solution to omit the FCKeditor to translate the german umlaute äüöß in ä etc. and therefore having wrong chars in the textmessages/textmails of phplist

In the file admin/fckphplist.php you can find these entries
FCKConfig.ProcessHTMLEntities = true ;
FCKConfig.IncludeLatinEntities = true ;
FCKConfig.IncludeGreekEntities = true ;
and so on

Setting
FCKConfig.IncludeLatinEntities = false;

is enoug to omit the encoding of these german characters äöüß ÄÜÖ
You can see the affect by toggleing Quellcode/Sourcecode mode on and of. The Umlaute remains the same.

After this change, the HTML-Message sent by phplist is still ok and the most important thing - the textmails generated from the html-formatted text is also ok and has all umlaute in correct manner.

In my opinion it is better not to have html-special-chars for the umlaute in html-mails but the correct umlaute in text-mails.

So look also to these settings if you have similar problems with other encoding-, translation-problems.

Forget about the settings in config.php
define("TEXTEMAIL_ENCODING",'7bit');
you can do what you want in this setting - it has no effect to the german-umlaute problem, because the FCKeditor causes this.

Regards

Marcus
Hope this come to the FAQ, because since I use phplist - i was seeking for that solution.
mtu1969
phpList newbie

Re: phplist scrambles my messages

Postby fertarevet » 6:26pm, Fri 21 May, 2010

Had the same problem. Thanks for the information. Now the problem is solved
fertarevet
phpList newbie

Return to Frequently Asked Questions