[solved] In what order does php list send out e-mails?

Solutions for other phpList version 2 users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

[solved] In what order does php list send out e-mails?

Postby eventone » 5:41am, Mon 11 Feb, 2008

In what order does php list send out e-mails? Is it in order by user ID? In other words, is the highest ID in the users table going to be sent out last? :shock:
eventone
phpList newbie

Sending order

Postby H2B2 » 5:53pm, Mon 11 Feb, 2008

If I remember correctly, it is not by userID, but by order of registration/confirmation, i.e.: those that registered first, will be the first in the sending order.

Some phplist users place one of their email addresses first (i.e. the first/oldest subscriber to a list) and another last, to have an additional way of monitoring the sending process.
H2B2

Postby dasanco » 6:37pm, Sun 19 Oct, 2008

What happens when multiple lists are selected. Does the list become one collective and then is sent out by registration date? Or is each list processed individually?

And if each list IS processed individually, what is the criteria for determining the order in which the lists are processed?

Also, how are members with the 'same' registration date handled? Any secondary sort, db order, or ??

Thanks in advance.
dasanco
phpLister

Postby nymisoa » 9:20pm, Wed 05 Nov, 2008

Looking at the database structure of user_user, id is the primary key so the emails should go out in order of id. H2B2 is kind of correct since id is auto incremented based on the date the user was entered.

List id should not matter since the sql query is selecting from the user_user table and does not include ORDER BY in the select query. The emails should go out ascending order based on id in user_user.

I have a bunch of users I imported from a csv with essentially the same DATETIME in entered. The emails go out in ascending order based on id.

I don't believe any of the sql queries use an ORDER BY clause.
nymisoa
PL Nut

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks