[solved] How do I mass delete AOL users?

Solutions for other phpList version 2 users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

[solved] How do I mass delete AOL users?

Postby cybersapp » 9:14am, Tue 23 Sep, 2008

I'm constantly battling new aol subscribers and I want to remove them all at once. How do I proceed?
cybersapp
phpList newbie

Postby johnap » 6:52am, Wed 24 Sep, 2008

I had the same issue... free email address such as yahoo,hotmail,aol,gmail etc.

Solution is very simple but in steps...as follows.

Step one : Go to the admin pages, then Main Page. Now find the users section on the main screen, and click user.

Step two : Here use the @domain to search the users. {copy& past in notepad} email address only.

step three: Go user management and click mass unconfirm users.paste the emails you want to unconfirm.and click they will be unconfirmed.

Once they are unconfirmed do the fourth step...

Step four: Go and click reconcile users. At the bottom of the page you find a set of boxes with dates in. Set the top set to the earliest date of your phpList, then "To delete users who signed up and have not confirmed their subscription" hit the Click Here button.

hope there is a easy way than this :)
reference:
http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?p=53987#53987 :lol:
johnap
PL Geek

Re: How do I mass delete AOL users?

Postby H2B2 » 7:22pm, Wed 24 Sep, 2008

cybersapp wrote:I'm constantly battling new aol subscribers and I want to remove them all at once. How do I proceed?
Johnap's method is a good way to get rid of users from a specific domain, once they are on your subscriber list.

If you also want to avoid users from that domain subscribing in the first place, you might consider using this mod: Block specific domains from subscribing
H2B2

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks