[solved] Problem with invalid email address with recent TLD

Solutions for other phpList version 2 users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

[solved] Problem with invalid email address with recent TLD

Postby TommyB » 3:10pm, Thu 25 Sep, 2008

Hi,

after a lot of testing and preparatioin, I have now sent my first *real* email via phpLIST.

Almost everything went very smooth and without big problems.

There is only one email adress that is rejected as "invalid email" that makes me wonder how phpLIST checks emails - someuser@pl.fcm.travel

I have been sending email to this user via Outlook for weeks now, also using nslookup does not complain in any way.

I have found that phpLIST is using the PHP function checkdnsrr(), but according to the PHP documentation, this is not supported on the Windows platform!?

Any help would be appreciated...

regards
Thomas
TommyB
phpList newbie

Re: Problem with invalid email address

Postby H2B2 » 5:47pm, Thu 25 Sep, 2008

TommyB wrote:There is only one email adress that is rejected as "invalid email" that makes me wonder how phpLIST checks emails - someuser@pl.fcm.travel
Hmm, yes. The issue of recent ICANN-approved top level domains (e.g, .travel) has been reported before and should be fixed in the next release. For the moment you'll have to manually add the newest approved top level domains to the code. You'll find more details in the following report: http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=6648
H2B2

Re: Problem with invalid email address

Postby TommyB » 2:05pm, Fri 26 Sep, 2008

H2B2 wrote:Hmm, yes. The issue of recent ICANN-approved top level domains (e.g, .travel) has been reported before and should be fixed in the next release. For the moment you'll have to manually add the newest approved top level domains to the code. You'll find more details in the following report: http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=6648

Thank you very much for pointing me into the right
direction - this issue is fixed for me :D

Thomas
TommyB
phpList newbie

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks