[Solved] 2.10.8 - Foreign key column not recognized any more

Solutions for other phpList version 2 users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

[Solved] 2.10.8 - Foreign key column not recognized any more

Postby gaarth » 5:19pm, Sun 14 Dec, 2008

I recently upgraded from 2.10.4 to 2.10.8. I did not receive any errors on upgrade process, but now the foreign key column of my import file does not get recognized any more. I always have to specify to which column I want to import the "unknown" column.

The import file is a tabstop delimited file with 3 columns. Foreign Key, email and username.

I also have this problem, which I haven' t solved yet:
viewtopic.php?t=21789&highlight=usergroup
I don' t know why you need to add those tables and why they haven' t been created on upgrade. It looks like they are not created on fresh install either.
Last edited by gaarth on 11:19am, Mon 15 Dec, 2008, edited 1 time in total.
gaarth
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 6:21pm, Sun 14 Dec, 2008

This indeed does seem to be related to this thread: http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?t=21789

Please let us know whether creating the user_group table manually as suggested in above mentioned thread, also fixes the import issue you are having.
H2B2

Postby gaarth » 11:01pm, Sun 14 Dec, 2008

I added the user_group table to the database. The error message described in the other thread is not displayed any more, but it does not solve the foreign key column problem. I still have to assign the column.

Before upgrade I always named the columns in capital letters (FOREIGN KEY, EMAIL, USERNAME), now I also tried the format used by phplist (Foreign Key), but it did not help either.
gaarth
phpList newbie

Postby CS » 1:53am, Mon 15 Dec, 2008

I did some digging on this and its caused by a change introduced in 2.10.7 which makes it so that the foreign key column has to be one word "foreignkey".
CS

Postby gaarth » 11:17am, Mon 15 Dec, 2008

Thank you, CS!

I used "Foreignkey" and it works again. As you suggested "foreignkey" capitalization does not seem to matter.
gaarth
phpList newbie

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks